The Deal #5

"I'll give you a deal that you can't turn down"

Senoj

I stepped out the car admiring the big building in front of me. My nerves kicked in and my mind faught with my body on if I should even go in. I shook off the fear and made my way toward the building it was now or never.

I entered the publishers company and walked right up to the desk. The gray haired lady looked up at me frowned her face and looked right back down. I cleared my throat and stood there for atleast five minutes.

"Excuse me" I said gaining her attention.

She continued doing whatever she was doing on her computer not even acknowledging me.

"Excuse me" I said once again.

She stopped what she was doing letting out a huge sigh and fixing her face upon me.

"May I help you" she asked her southern accent very much present.

"Yes, I need to speak with Carlton Laurence about the opening for the editorial assistant" I told her using my best speech.

She scrunched up her face like what I said had hurt her an anyway. "Um I think that spot has already been filled" she said with a roll of her eyes.

"But when I looked on line the spot was posted just today. That just cant be right ma'am" I stated shacking my head.

"I dosen't matter if im right or wrong you wouldn't get the job either way" she said with a slight laugh.

"Excuse me?" I said stunned by her rudeness.

"You heard me we don't need any people like you working at this multi million dollar franchise. Theres a McDonalds down the street that would definitely hire you" she said smirking.

I stared at her for a minute taking in her appearance. Her body was small and fragile her skin saggy thin and some what transparent. She looked to be in her 70s but I wasen't sure. I tried to calm myself down before I reached over this counter and nocked her head off.

"Let me tell your old igonarnt self something. My name is Senoj not people or whatever the hell you call me. I have the same rights as you, I have the same chance as you and I live in the same country as you. I don't know who you thought you where talking to but you better realise that im not the one. Slavery ended years ago but I see prejudice people like you still reamain. Yoi will respect me and you will call and tell Carlton Laurence that i'm here to speak with him and you will do it now" I said slamminng my fist on the counter top.

She jumped back in suprise gasping. She picked up the phone dailing a few numbers and then begain talking quitly to the other end. I tapped my fingers on the desk waiting patiently.

When she finally hung up the phone the looked at me blankly and pointed towards the elavator.

"He on the 11 floor the last office to the left" she said.

"Thank you" I said with a smile and got on the elvator heading up.

***************

"Take a seat please" the short dark haired main said glancing at me from his desk. Papers covered his whole desk in a messy pile. Not just his desk but the floor and the whole room seemed to be a messy paper disaster. He sat his pencil down leaning back in his chair and focusing his dark eyes on me.

"My name is Senoj Harper and I saw on line where there was an opening for the editorial assistant for you and I would really like to have the chance to show you that I am a good candidate for that position" I said.