Stains #16

"When tomorrow seems to lead nowhere, let me hold you"

Senoj

Akim raised his eyebrows and shrugged. "What we doing today?" he questioned "We already have all the Christmas shopping over and done with."

"Yea I know I was thinking maybe we should pick up some presents for Shyla and her son. I mean there gonna be here all Christmas break right and then we could stop at your moms I guess." I told him as I began to make his plate.

He nodded and stared at me thoughtfully "Are you sure you want to go see my mom, I mean I know shes's not the funnest person to be around for you" he spoke.

I shrugged "Doesn't matter to me. If she has a problem with me she has to take that up with God."

He grinned standing up and I knew he was about to start playing with me.

I smiled shaking my head "Don't start Akim" I said pointing the spatula at his head.

He held his hands up backing off of me. I finished making his plate and sat it down in front of him with a glass of orange juice.

"Thanks babe" he mumbled before closing his eyes and saying a silent prayer.

"Your welcome"

Shyla came back down a few minutes later with jeans and a t-shirt on.

"You happy?" she mumbled motioning towards her outfit. I grinned "Very".

"You can make you and your sons plate, the food is on the stove." I told her.

She nodded before beginning to make there plates. Her son soon popped up in his pajamas rubbing his eyes sleepily.

He looked up at me and Akimed wide eyed and his lips pouted. "I hungry" he said quietly.

"Your momas making your food right now okay" I cooed bending down and wiping the wetness from his cheeks.

He looked to be only around four or five years old. I knew him and my little friend Edna would get along well.

"Whats your name?" I questioned picking him up and setting on one of the high chairs.

"Lamonte" he said looking at his mom. She smiled at him before setting a small plate of food down in front of him.

"Tank you" he said before digging into his food.

I raised my eyebrows impressed by how polite and respectful he was for just a young boy.

Akim looked at me also sending me a wink. I finally made my plate taking a seat at the bar next to him and saying a silent prayer.

"So what's the move?" Shyla asked directing the question at Akim.

I raised my eyebrows and let out a snort. This girl must think this is a game or something . I might be working on my self with the Lord but if she thinks i'm going to continue to allow her to disrespect me in my own house she has another thing coming.

"Well me and Senoj are going to head out for a bit" Akim said standing to his feet.

Shyla frowned but fixed her face just as quick. "Okay well me and Monte are probably just gonna chill around here and watch cartoons" she said picking at her food.

I finished my food quickly giving Akim the honors of washing the dishes.

Something was real fishy about Shyla and whatever the poor girl was up to I knew it would be no good. First impressions where everything and my first impression of her was anything but nice.