Keep Her In Check #15

''If this love only exist in my dreams don't wake me up"

-Chris Brown-

Akimed

I pulled the shirt over my head and tide my dreads back.

I was feeling good finally and me and Senoj where no longer arguing

"AKIMED!" Senoj yelled from down stairs.

I sighed and finished putting on my deodorant.

I glanced at my self one last time in the mirror.

As soon as I my feet hit the last step my eyes widened.

"Shyla?" I questioned "What are you doing here?"

She looked positively horrible but thats another story. What got me was her son who was wrapped only in a cover and nothing eles when it was freezing outside.

She looked up at me nervously and I sighed. I could already feel a head ach coming on.

"Babe could you get some warm blankets out the hall closet?" I asked Senoj.

She nodded giving me a worried look before exiting the living room.

"Im sorry I shouldn't have come here" Shyla spoke.

"Its fine whats going on?" I asked glancing down at her child once more.

"I-I need a place to stay" she mumbled avoiding eye contact with me.

I frowned "What happened to your place?".

"I told you I got laid off at my firm over a month ago. I haven't had any money to pay rent so my landlord kicked us out" she said sadly "I have no where eles to go".

"What about your moms place?" I questioned just as Senoj came back in bearing covers.

"I can lay him on the couch" Senoj said softly.

Shyla hesitated before handing the her son over to Senoj. Senoj held the baby with much care and looked down at his sleeping face with admiration.

I watched the seen unfold before my eyes and it made me think. I can't wait to given her one or ten babies.

"She past away last year" Shyla said pulling me out of my thoughts.

My heart almost fell from my chest hearing those words. Shyla's mother was like family to me and just because me and her daughter was on bad terms didn't mean I didn't have love for her mother.

"Sorry to hear that" I told her.

She nodded "I was wondering if me and Lamonte could crash here for a while. I mean just until I get on my feet. You just gave me that new job so ill be out in two months tops" she explained to me.