Worthless #7

"Your worth gold more than you think"

Senoj

"You got to get up" he said shaking my shoulder.

I shrugged him off for the fifth time and barred myself into the covers.

"We made a deal" he said in a annoyed tone. I cursed under my breath and set up.

"Alright, I'm up" I said rolling my eyes.

"I bought you some clothes the other day" he said as I rubbed my eyes.

I looked up at him and shook my head with a questioning look "Why are you so nice to me" I questioned.

He shrugged his shoulders and looked away.

"I have nothing and never really even ever had anything. My mom and dad are gone I have no family. I don't even have my pride anymore it was taken. I'm worthless" I mumbled thinking about all the things in my life that had happened.

He instantly was on his knees so he was face to face with me. "Why do you say that?" he questioned anger written all over his face "Do you not see your self?".

I frowned looking away from his glare and shrugging my shoulders.

He stood to his feet pushing his hands in his pockets. "The clothes there all in your closet" he said turning to leave "Church starts at 9:30".

He exited the room closing the door behind him abruptly. I winced it seems that I always made someone angry with me. I could do no good. I can admit that I had some issues but I wanted to get better I had to.

slowly made my way over to the closet I never really went to church and I wasn't the biggest fan but right now I had no one else to lean on to but the man above.

************

I made my way down the stairs stiffly, this was all so new to me. I looked down at the long black ruffles that lined the bottom of the dress and rubbed my hands across it. It was so soft and delicate I wanted to keep this dress forever. It was the fanciest thing I ever had this memory I will cherish.

His eyes meet mine and the look he gave me sent shivers down my spine. He stood up and rubbed his hands over his face his eyes darting back and forth up and down.

I stopped at the end of the stair case and stood there uncomfortably . He came over to my position and stared at me momentarily.

"You look beautiful" he said twirling his fingers around one of the loose curls that I had added to my hair. I blushed fiercely and hid my smile.

"Thank you" I replied.

We stood there in silence for a long while him looking at my face and me looking every where else but at him.

"We should go right?" I questioned breaking the silence.

He seemed to be snapped out of his trance and brought back to the real world.

"Yeah of course" he said turning  around to look for his keys.

I watched as looked around for his keys his dreads dangling in his face and his tall slender body flexing as he looked under each chair.

He finally let out a deep breath and laughed. "There right here" he said pulling the keys from his pocket.

 I giggled "Your a little forgetful today" I said following him out the door.

He glanced back at me "Who wouldn't forget with a beautiful lady like you always around them?" he questioned.  I shrugged my shoulders looking down his hands connected with mine "I would" he said.

*************

Akimed

I spotted my mom with a group of ladies in front of the church. She spotted me also and smiled big showing her gums and teeth. Her smile soon fell when she noticed Senoj walking close behind me.

"Hey momma" I said pulling her into a hug. She hugged me back tightly and whispered "Who is this gal?".

I chuckled softly and pulled away. Senoj stood far back looking everywhere but at us. I noticed she always did that when she was nervous.

"Senoj" I motioned for her to come closer. She looked back and forth between me and my  mom before hesitantly walking over.

I smiled at her I could tell she was nervous "Ma this is Senoj a close friend of mine" I said pulling Senoj closer to us.

My momma sized her up and down placing her hands on her hips.

"A close friend huh?" she questioned "She looks like more that that".

"Nice to me you" Senoj said holding her hand out.

My mom looked at her hands with disgust and turned up her nose.

"Ma!" I snapped.

She focused her glaring eyes on me "Don't ma me boy, how dare you bring this worthless piece of trash out her. Who is she huh? Some jump off"  she ranted.

I pulled Senoj as close to me as I could get her and clenched my jaws.

"Ma you need to chill" I said giving her a glare back I had never disrespected my mom and never would but this was out of line.

"So your taking up for her now to?" she questioned.

Senoj whipped around breaking from my grip and storming off. I was on the verge of going after her when my mom pulled me back by the arm.

"Do you hear me talking to you boy?" she questioned.

My nostrils flared and I yanked my arm back. Giving her one last look I proceeded to follow Senoj. She made her way quickly into the church  and all the way to the front row.

Everyone's eyes where on her a she took a seat her eyes red and puffy but not water coming out.

I set down beside her and let out a breath. "I'm s-" I started but she cut me off.

"I-it's alright" she said "I'm okay".

The choir began to sing and she watched them with a blank stare. She wasn't alright at all I knew that for sure. I promised myself I would protect her but here we where sitting on the same spot I found her in.

*********

As soon as we entered the door she ran off up the stairs I let a sigh my mom was going to hear from me about this. How could she say something so horrible to someone she didn't even know.

I went up to my room and stripped from my clothes. After taking the hot shower that I need I laid in bed thing all sorts of thoughts.

The cries started softly but soon became sobs I couldn't take it for long she needed me now.

I pushed the covers back and rubbed my hand through my hair.

Exiting the  room I went next door to hers. I found her huddled in the corner sweat dripping from her face her eyes closed and her body shaking.

"Please" she mumbled over and over "Please, no".

I frowned and bent down to pick her up. Her arms immediately wrapped around my neck and her trembling body stopped. I sat there all night with her until all her bad dreams stopped.....

VOTE/COMMENT

~REES~