Preparing for the Wedding

As the date of Advaita's impending marriage was set, the palace buzzed with a new energy. Queen Padmavati, renowned for her meticulous planning, wasted no time in initiating the preparations for the grand event. With grace and authority, she summoned the finest shopkeepers in Amravati to present their wares, ensuring that every aspect of the wedding attire was exquisite.

Gathered in the opulent chamber, the shopkeepers unveiled their treasures. Fabrics in an array of colors adorned with intricate designs caught the light, revealing a stunning kaleidoscope. Among them were readymade garments, exquisite jewelry, and sparkling jewels that shimmered like stars.

Queen Padmavati's discerning eye assessed each piece, her daughters-in-law Meera, Nandini, and Amrita by her side. Together, they formed a team dedicated to curating Advaita's trousseau—a collection that would reflect her status as a future queen.

Advaita, amidst the sea of opulence, felt a mixture of awe and trepidation. As she observed the lavish fabrics and sparkling jewels, her heart yearned for simplicity and comfort. She was drawn to soft textures and subdued colors, envisioning herself in attire that allowed ease of movement.

"Advaita, come here," Queen Padmavati beckoned, noticing her daughter's thoughtful expression. Advaita approached, her eyes wide with curiosity.

"Look at these fabrics, my dear," Queen Padmavati gestured towards a table adorned with resplendent choices. "Each one tells a story of craftsmanship and elegance. They are fit for a queen, just like you."

Advaita's gaze flitted from one fabric to another, her fingers instinctively reaching out to touch them. She was captivated by the sheer artistry that went into creating each piece. Yet, her heart longed for simplicity.

"Maasa," she began, her voice carrying a hint of hesitation. "Hume yeh bahut sundar lage, parantu yeh vastra.... bahot bhaari prateet hote hai. Hume nhi lagta hum inhe sahejta se pahen paenge." ("I appreciate their beauty, but these fabrics... they seem so heavy. I fear I won't be able to carry them comfortably.")

Queen Padmavati's lips curved into a gentle smile, her eyes reflecting both understanding and determination. "Advaita, meri pyaari bachhi, tum bahut jald dulhan banne wali ho. Yeh vastra keval poshake nhi, parantu tumhare nayi bhumika ka prateek hai. Ek vivahit stree ek roop me, tumhe shaleenta aur bhavyta se shushobhit hone hoga. Aur yahi uchit hoga ki tumhare vastra tumhara pad jhalkae." ( "Advaita, my child, you are soon to be a bride. These garments are not merely clothes; they are symbols of your new role. As a married woman, you will be adorned with grace and grandeur. It's only fitting that your attire reflects your status.")

"Parantu Maasa," she began with a sigh, her voice carrying a hint of hesitation. "Humne sadev mana hai ki kapdo ka mahatv bhavyata nhi suvidha hetu hota hai. Aur yeh vastra.... inka vazan to humse bhi adhik hoga. Hum itne vazan ke saath suvidhapurn kaise rahenge. Hume nhi lagta hum yeh sambhal paenge." ("But, Maasa, I've always believed that clothes should prioritize comfort over grandeur. These fabrics... they feel like they weigh more than I do. How can I move freely with such weight? I won't be able to wear them.")

Queen Padmavati's expression softened as she placed a reassuring hand on Advaita's shoulder. "Advaita, Hum samjh rhe hai aap kya keh rhi hai. Suvidha mahatvpurn hai, par yaad rakhiye yeh vastra sanskritik mahatv rakhte hai. satya yeh hai ki. Vivah ke paschyat koi stree sade aur feeke vastra nhi pahenti. Tum ek rajkumari ho,  kisi din rani banogi. Yeh vastra pahena tumhari pasand par nhi hai, yeh ek parampara hai."  ("Advaita, I appreciate your perspective. Comfort is important, but remember that these garments hold cultural significance. The truth is no bride dresses in plain and dull clothes post her marriage. You are a princess and will be a queen one day. So, for a woman of your status, dressing up like a queen is not just a choice; it's a tradition. ")