Preparations in Suryagrah

In Suryagarh, the preparations for Rajveer and Advaita's wedding had been in full swing ever since Rajveer's return from Amravati the previous year. Rajveer, true to his word, had instructed the workers to transform Advaita's chamber to resemble the one she had described and drawn for him. He wanted everything to be perfect for her arrival.

In the heart of the palace, Rajveer's grandmother, Vedika, a revered figure known as Badi Ranisa, had taken the helm of overseeing the wedding preparations for her eldest grandson. She was a woman of wisdom and tradition, and her guidance was valued by everyone in the palace.

Rani Leelavati, Rajveer's Maasa, had also been diligently preparing for the arrival of her daughter-in-law. She wanted Advaita to feel welcomed and loved from the moment she set foot in Suryagarh. Rani Leelavati had been working closely with the palace staff to ensure that every detail was attended to.

But it wasn't just the elder members of the family who were involved in the preparations. All the other family members,  were equally engaged in making this wedding a grand and memorable affair.

One evening, in the opulent drawing room of the palace, Vedika, Leelavati, and some of the other women of the family gathered to discuss the latest updates on the preparations.

Vedika, her presence commanding respect, spoke first. "The silk drapes for the wedding hall have been ordered from Varanasi, and they should arrive by the end of the week. We must ensure they are of the finest quality."

Leelavati nodded in agreement. "Ji Maasa. I've also arranged for the most exquisite floral decorations for the ceremony. The entire palace will be adorned with flowers of every color."

One of the younger family members, Alok, Rajveer's cousin, chimed in eagerly. "And I've been coordinating with the musicians. We will have a troupe of skilled musicians to play during the festivities."

Vedika smiled, appreciating the enthusiasm of the younger generation. "Very well, Alok. Music adds a beautiful dimension to our celebrations."

As they continued their discussion, it was evident that the wedding preparations were a collective effort, with each family member contributing their unique talents and skills to make this union a memorable one. The palace buzzed with excitement and anticipation as the days drew nearer to the grand event.

On the auspicious day of the haldi ceremony in Suryagarh, the entire palace was adorned with intricate decorations, setting the stage for a joyous celebration. Rajveer, the groom-to-be, was dressed in a simple white dhoti, a symbol of purity and readiness for the upcoming wedding.

Surrounded by his family members, both male and female, Rajveer sat on a beautifully decorated stool. The women of the family, including his grandmother, Badi Ranisa, were the first to approach him, carrying bowls of fragrant haldi paste. Badi Ranisa, being the seniormost, had the honor of being the first to apply the haldi paste on his skin, her touch filled with blessings and affection.

"Blessings be upon you, Rajveer, my dear grandson. May this haldi ceremony mark the beginning of a prosperous and joyful union. May you and Advaita find love and happiness in each other's company."

Rajveer bowed his head slightly, acknowledging his grandmother's blessing. She was a pillar of strength and wisdom in their family, and her words held great significance.

Next in line was Rajveer's father, the Maharaj of Suryagarh. He took the haldi paste from Badi Ranisa and applied it to Rajveer's skin with a gentle smile. His blessings carried the weight of his responsibilities as a father and a ruler.

"Rajveer, my son," he began, " May this haldi bring you the purity of heart and spirit as you embark on this new journey." Rajveer's eyes met his father's, filled with gratitude for the blessings and the unwavering support he had received throughout his life. After bestowing his blessings, Maharaj Pratap excused himself to attend to his official duties, leaving the festivities to continue.