2. Go to Hell

Tracy

I look up from my phone, hearing a knock on my door. "Did you have a good first day?" mama asks, stepping into the room closing the door behind him. "It was ok." I answer blankly already feeling the direction this conversation is going in.

"Look your birthday is comin' up and I was wondering if you want to invite your friends over or a gift you wanted?" I look up at him before promptly looking down again. "Tracy you know I can't do that I'm sorry."

"Then why did you bother asking!?" I yell, slamming my phone onto my bed. "Every year there's only one thing I want and you know that! I don't think I'm asking for much!" I yell, tears welling in my eyes. "Tracy just listen-.."

"No you listen for once because I'm done staying quiet! I've gone 8 years without seeing papa and all I want is just 5 minutes to talk to him! Is that too much to ask for!?" I cry, holding my head in my hands.

"Tracy it's not as simple as that.." He sighs before continuing. "If things weren't so complicated I would talk to him for you at least." He pats my back as I release shaky breaths.

"Look I can't make any promises but I'll try and figure something out ok?" He cups my cheek in his hand, wiping my tears. "But in the worst case scenario I can't do anything. Do you want to invite those friends over?" I nod my head, still in tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y'know for someone depressed you seem awfully smiley today." Emi whispers, the sound of kids laughing and screaming surrounding us. "Are you kidding!? I might get to see my papa, of course I'm happy."

"Well we're happy for you Tracy, but I'm not so sure about going over to your house. I mean you're already pretty intimidating. I can't even begin to imagine your parents." Tori laughs nervously.

"My mama is nice unless you do something to upset him or me. I don't know so much about my papa though.." I rub the back of my neck nervously. "Well what was he like, you might not remember much but what did he do as a career."

"I can't tell you exactly but let's just say he was a pretty important person..like his affair was on the news." I say nervously, Tori and Emi just staring at me. "What!?" They both yell, everyone on the bus looking in our direction.

"Keep your voices down, you guys are the first people I've told about this!" I mutter. "Maybe we can find something on your dad? If he was on the news it would be pretty easy!" Emi cheers, pulling out her phone.

"Trust me Emi, you'll just be wasting your time. You won't find anything on my papa, not on any phone or electronics here." They both stare at me confused. "You dad was on the news, there's got to be something!" Tori whispers.

"Trust me there isn't, it's completely lost for you guys." They both go silent for a while before Emi suddenly lets out a blood curdling scream causing me and Tori to flinch and cover our ears. "Fucking hell Emi what was that about!?" Tori yells, slapping Emi.

"There's a bug on me, get it off!" She yells, patting her lap. "Are you kidding me, you freaked the both of us out get it off yourself!" Tori yells, turning to face me. "She must be really scared of bugs huh?" I laugh.

"Yeah but she's terrified of spiders, she can't be around them." Tori laughs, me laughing nervously. "Tori, shut up, you know I don't like talking about it!" Emi yells. At least I won't be telling them I'm part spider demon.

"We should go dress shopping, make this whole birthday thing an actual party." I stare at her blankly. "Oh come on I know you're like emo and hate dresses." She laughs, pointing at my outfit.