19. Family

Trigger warnings: Discussion of topics such as abuse, depression, gore and self harm.

Alastor

“Mama! Papa!” Tracy cries, waking both me and Anthony up. “I’ll check on Tracy, you go back to sleep.” I yawn, kissing Anthony’s cheek before teleporting into Tracy’s room. “Tracy what troubles you my dear?” I walk up to her bed, pulling the blankets off her head.

“Papa! I had another nightmare!” She cries, clinging onto my arm. “Oh really? What was it this time?” I ask, she always has the most bizarre nightmares. I would have similar nightmares as a child, but to me they were like any old dream.

“Me and mama we left! And you were all alone!” She cries, tightening her grip on my arm. My breathing hitches, one of my worst fears is her nightmare? “Why Tracy, I’ll always be here and your mama along with the rest of your family.” I sigh, running my fingers through her hair.

“Promise?” She sniffs, wiping her tears. “Promise.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy

I sit up in bed, sweat running down my forehead and my breathing heavy. “Tracy?” Tori yawns, rubbing her eyes. “Yeah, sorry if I woke you.” I sigh, trying to catch my breath. “No it’s fine.” She laughs, sitting up.

“Are you alright?” She asks, placing her hands over mine. “Yeah, I just need some water.” I laugh, sitting on the edge of the bed and stepping into my slippers. “Do you want me to go with you?”

I look over at the clock, 4:00 am. “No it’s fine, you just go back to sleep.” I laugh, patting her head before teleporting to the kitchen. I grab a glass of water before noticing a bit of light coming from the lobby.

“Who could be up at this time!?” I mutter, walking into the lobby, noticing papa sat on the couch in front of the fireplace. “Papa? What are you doing up?” I yawn, walking over, noticing mama laid on the couch, his head resting on papa's lap.

“Your mama fell asleep on me and I don’t have the heart to move him, by now I'd usually be getting started on paperwork for the hotel.” Papa laughs. “And what are you doing Tracy? I thought you weren’t going to spend a second away from your girlfriend.” He teases.

“I wasn’t and this is going to sound childish but I had a nightmare, decided to get some water before going back to bed.” I groan, already feeling myself starting to grow tired. “And what was this nightmare about?” Papa asks, running his fingers through mama's hair.

“Remember that night I told you I had a nightmare that me and mama left? And you were alone?” I sigh, looking down at the ground. “Yes I believe I remember that. Was that the nightmare?”

“Yeah, pretty fuckin’ sad.” I laugh, finally drinking my water. “First off, language. Secondly it’s not sad Tracy, it’s alright to be scared to be without those that you love.” He sighs, snapping his fingers, a photo album appearing.

“When I was young, around the age you and your mama left, my mother and I similarly left my father.” He laughs, turning through the pages. “However we left for different reasons, my father was rather abusive, to both me and my mother.”

“Ok but what does that have to do with my nightmare?” I ask as he hands me the photo album. “The point is, my mother was the only one I had that I loved. Before your mama came along of course.” He laughs, pointing to a specific photo.

I look at the photo, what clearly looks like grandma, a younger papa and a man, tall with tan skin and blonde hair. “Is that your father?” I ask, looking back up at him. “Yes, you can tell I don’t get my charming looks from him.” He teases as I roll my eyes.