22. Christmas Eve

Tracy

“Tracy!” Emi yells, running up to me, jumping into my arms. “Hey Emi! How’s that new job going?” I laugh, putting her down. “It’s alright, I miss hanging out with you and Tori though.” She laughs as Tori walks up.

“Ok Emi move, I gotta show my girlfriend some love.” She laughs, pushing Emi out of the way. “Wow I’m gone for a few weeks and now you two moved to second base?” She laughs as Tori presses a quick kiss to my lips.

“Quit reminding me that I’m single go fuck somewhere else!” Emi yells, papa quickly running into the room. “They’re doing what!?” He yells, static surrounding us. “We’re not doing anything papa, Emi’s being her usual self.” I laugh as the static dies down.

“Alright..I have my eyes on you. Both of you.” He glares at me and Tori, slowly back out of the room. “You’re going to get me killed, Emi!” Tori yells. “Oh please you guys can’t tell me you haven’t already!” She laughs.

“I only tolerate you.” I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose. “Oh right I got you two gifts!” Emi cheers, quickly running out of the room. “That's nice and all but shouldn’t we wait till we’re around the tree tomorrow  to open them!?” Tori yells.

“Trust me it’ll make more sense to give them to you now!” She laughs, walking back into the room with three boxes. She hands me and Tori each a bow, taking the last one for herself. We quickly open them, finding reindeer onesies inside.

“I got us all matching ones!” Emi laughs, quickly changing into hers. “Why does mine have a red nose?” I laugh, snapping my fingers, changing into mine. “Because you’re already a deer so I figured yours should be a little different.” Emi laughs, trying to put the hood on only for my ears to get in the way.

“Why bother getting me one when I’m already a deer then?” I ask. “Come on Tracy they’re cute just do this for Emi, please?” Tori begs, Emi giving me her puppy eyes. “Fine.” I sigh, Emi running up and hugging me.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” She cheers, Tori also hugging us. “Ok ok just stop hugging me so tight dammit!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Emi you’re not doing it right!” Tori laughs, throwing a bit of the dough at her. “Well now you’re wasting some of the dough and we’re supposed to be feeding the whole hotel!” I laugh as Emi throws a bit of dough at me.

“Oh please, the only demons still here are the staff, everyone else left for the holidays!” Tori yells. “How long does it take to make these anyway?” I ask, we’ve already spent about an hour making the dough.

“A few hours, we just finished the dough. Now we gotta wrap them all and let the tamales steam for a few hours considering how big this batch is going to be.” Tori sighs, wiping the sweat off her forehead.

“Why does cooking your food have to be so difficult!?” I groan, already growing tired of all this work. “What can I say, I come from a country with a rich culture filled with beautiful traditions, dances and probably the best food I’ve ever had.” Tori laughs.

“I’ll say, the only thing I liked about your mama was her tamales.” Emi laughs. “Oh her tamales were nothing compared to my abuelitas, she never taught my mama the recipe but she taught me. I stopped making them after she died since mama tried to find it out.”

“Are you going to tell us?” I ask, struggling to wrap this tamale. “Depends, are you going to tell anyone?” Tori laughs, taking my hands in hers and helping me. “I won’t, I don’t know about Emi though.” I laugh, looking over at Emi who’s struggling to mix the dough.

“I won’t!” She yells as the wooden spoon breaks. “Emi, the dough shouldn’t break the spoon! What did you do!?” Tori laughs, quickly taking the other half of the spoon out of the dough. “I was mixing it! That spoons gotta be at least 50 years old. I mean look at this place!”

“Are all of these just going to have cheese because that seems kinda boring.” I laugh. “No, some of them are going to have salsa verde, salsa roja, tamales dulce.” She explains, reaching into the fridge.

“Remind me what that means again?” Emi laughs. “And this is how I know Tori did your Spanish homework because how did you pass that class and not know even a little spanish?!” I laugh as Emi frowns at me.

“Hey I know some words like…um..hola!” She yells as me and Tori burst out in laughter. “Emi everyone knows how to say hello in Spanish!” She laughs, having to lean against the table to keep herself from falling,

“Well you two grew up with either hispanic parents or a hispanic stepparent so I like to think I did ok!” She yells in defense. “Ok ok we're sorry let's just get back to the tamales.” I laugh, wiping the tears from my eyes.

“Hey having hispanic parents wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows. My parents were abusive as hell physically, emotionally and mentally and on top of that they were so crazy religious they couldn’t accept they had a gay daughter.” Tori scoffs.

“Oh right, that reminds me when did you realize you were gay? I dunno about you but I always sorta knew, at least, that I didn’t like boys.” I laugh. “No idea, I think at some point in 8th grade I sorta just realized I’m bisexual but I definitely knew I preferred women because well..look at you.” She laughs.

“I always knew I was pansexual and my mom was fine with it and Tracy, well your dads is enough of an explanation about their feelings.” Emi laughs. “Wait, why am I only now finding out you’re pansexual!?” I yell, looking at Emi in shock.

“Well sorry it’s not something I really bring up because I’m the only one that hasn’t dated anyone yet besides there's a lot you don’t know about me.” She smirks. “Like what?” I tease, wanting to find out what exactly I don’t know about her.

“Maybe my real name is Emira.” She laughs as I stop all movement. “Wait, Emi wasn’t your real name!?” I yell, pulling out chunks of my hair. “I always assumed your name was Emily. I was not expecting that.” Tori laughs.

“Honestly most people assume that's my real name which I understand but it’s not.” Emi laughs. “Oh my satan and all this time I thought I was the one hiding the most secrets from you guys.” I laugh.

“Tracy I think you’re forgetting that you hid the fact that you’re a demon from us!” They both yell in sync at me. “Oh right.” I laugh. “Hey Tori, you mind telling us that secret ingredient now?” Emi teases, flying over Tori.

“Fine, get over here you two.” She laughs, dragging Emi to the ground as I walk over. “The secret ingredient..is a whole lotta love.” She laughs, dragging me and Emi into a tight hug. “That’s it!?” Emi yells, my ears going back against my head.

“It’s kinda dumb I know, but I swear I could always taste the difference.” Tori sighs. “I think it’s sweet..sorta.” I laugh awkwardly. “Ok just say you think I’m crazy.” Tori laughs. “No! It’s sweet really but that just means the tamales we already made won’t be as good!” I yell.

“Oh..I didn’t think of that.” Tori laughs. “How about we give everyone else the bad ones and we take the better ones for ourselves!” Emi cheers. “Ok but don’t tell anyone, deal?” Tori laughs.

“Deal.”

A/N

I'm so glad to be back to updating this book. Next chapter will have just a tiny bit of angst,, just a little but this and the next chapter are going to be wholesome compared to the last 3 soo,, love ya <3