23. Merry Christmas

TW: DISCUSSION OF ABUSE, SELF HARM (cutting and burning) TALK OF SEX BETWEEN TWO MINORS AND SLIGHT SEXUAL INTIMACY BETWEEN TWO CONSENTING MINORS.

Tori

"Tori, these are really good!" Charlie squeals, her mouth full. "Thanks, took a while to make them but I'm glad you liked it." I laugh. "Maybe it wouldn't have taken as long if you guys didn't decide to have a food fight in the middle of it." Vaggie sighs.

"Well sorry but Emi started it!" Tracy yells in defense. "Only because you said I was wrapping the tamales wrong!" She tells back, throwing a pierce of tamale at Tracy but missing, instead hitting Husk.

"Oh no." I mutter, sinking into my seat as a food fight breaks out between them, Cherri eventually joining the action. "EVERYONE STOP!" Vaggie yells, slamming her fists into the table, all movement stopping shortly after.

"Let them have their fun, they're just kids..half of em are at least." Molly laughs. "The other two might as well be children themselves." Alastor laughs, Vaggie glaring at him. "I'm thinking we should get out of here." Tracy's whispers, taking my hand in hers.

"Figured you'd want to soon enough." I laugh as we get up, everyone being too focused on Vaggie’s yelling to notice us leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok so lemme get this straight." Tracy laughs. "You and Emi met because she run into you, covered in bubble wrap!?" She laughs, falling back in the bed. "Yeah, apparently her mom used to have to keep her from getting injured by wrapping her in bubble wrap because she was that energetic!" I laugh, trying to catch my breath.

"Oh my Satan that's gotta be the most hilarious thing I've ever heard!" She laughs, completely out of breath. “Yeah, she was really something as a kid.” I laugh. “What about you, what were you like as a little demon?” I tease.

“I mean..can’t say it was normal because well I’m a fucking demon.” She laughs before continuing. “But before me and my mama left it was normal, papa would get home from work, maybe we’d go out to the park or get ice cream..it was nice.” She sighs.

“But?” I ask. “Y’know even now that we’re back things just aren’t the same. I always wanted a sibling but even that never happened.” She laughs. A silence fills the room before she lays back down in bed.

“I’m thinking I’m fine without a sibling now though, at least they wouldn’t have had to go through what I did. Might be part of the reason I’m scared to have my own kids, I don’t want to put them through something like a divorce.” She  laughs, tears running down her cheeks.

“Guess we’re on the same boat then.” I laugh as I lay down next to her. “You don’t want kids?” She asks, looking over at me. “It’s not that I don’t want them, it’s that I’m scared of even just the thought of pregnancy but the fear of messing something up..hitting them, is much greater.”

"Your parents..hit you?" She asks hesitantly. "Mhm, there was an incident once, shortly after I had met you. I was going through something and showering was hard for me. My mama didn't care though, she dragged me by my hair into the shower and forcefully undressed me." I laugh as Tracy looks at me with a look of disbelief.

"She grabbed me in places I didn't want to be grabbed, even if I knew there wasn't anything sexual to it. I still felt so dirty..so violated and then before you know it, she's slamming my head into a wall, yelling at me that I was disgusting." I laugh, tears blurring my vision. “After that I started to cut myself, burning myself. Anything to punish myself for being ‘disgusting’ like she said.”