intro

You might know these characters, you might not. Whatever the case it doesn't matter. They'll tell a different tale than you will expect.

This book begins with an ending, and a new beginning. It begins with the feeling of abandonment and the feeling of certainty. So let's begin;

"So you are really going?" I ask. I know the answer but I have the fragile hope that this all is a dream conjured by fear. "I am, I am going." he answers much to my dismay. I fidget with my gloves and just respond with okay. Just okay, why am I so stupid! Say something different Yves! "Is that your answer?" Cyril asks, he has a saddened tone in his voice. "After all what we have expierienced together?" he asks, almost begging for more. I reach out my hand for a last handshake and say: "What more is there to say?" he looks at my hand and turns around, seemingly disappointed in me. What should I have done? embraced him? I am not allowed to do such things right? he looks at me through the window of the carriage and says I will miss you. the carriage begins to ride. Frances, my dear sister, looks at me "This shouldn't be how you two end" she's right, this might be the last time I see him in person. I grab a book from my bag and begin to pursue the carriage. My hat falls off and I'm afraid I might've lost my pocket watch. but I don't dare hesitate. I knock on the window and when he opens it I hand him my copy of dorian gray. He always loved reading my annotations. He smiles and gives me a flower, a green carnation. He used to wear it as a corsage all the time. I scream "Enjoy Paris! If you return bring something for me! Send me a letter!! I'll miss you." I miss him already, the way he dances, the way he loves, the way he looks and the the way he'd talk to me. I'll miss you, my rain.