In the Blitz-10th Doctor

You and the Doctor came crashing to the ground with bursts of energy coming from all around the TARDIS controls. You gripped onto one of the TARDIS's support beams to steady yourself.

"Doctor?" You called out, not sure if he was knocked out because of the rough landing. He sprung up and spread his hands out on the TARDIS's controls. You sighed with relief, he was okay. I bit shaken but besides that, fine.

"Where are we? Do I need to dress differently or am I fine in jeans (or your choice)?" You asked.

The Doctor hesitated, "normally I think it would matter but today I really doubt it matters."

An explosion shook the TARDIS, making you fall again. The Doctor yelled, "what!"

You looked at him, confused. "What?"

"What?" He said. "Wait what?"

Your eyes followed him as he ran towards the door and grabbed his trench coat. He wrenched open the door and looked up at the dark outside. "What?!"

More confused than normal, after all, alien planets were very confusing. You over walked to the door and looked up. There were explosions everywhere, midair.

You recognized the city spread before you. You could see Big Ben in the distance, but what was above it?

There were massive blimps looming over us in the sky with airplanes swarming the air. The explosions showered the night with red, orange and yellow. "What?" The Doctor asked again to the darkness in front of us.

"Okay, (YN), stay here. Do not leave the TARDIS. Whatever happens, stay here and here are some keys to the TARDIS." He dropped the cold metal keys into your hand.

Trying not to sound like a whiny little toddler, you asked, "can you at least tell me when and where we are?"

"I may have messed up the time space coordinates! We are in the  middle of the Blitz or the Blitzkrieg, 1940. Not a good time, the British press named it the 'lightning war'.  Do not leave the TARDIS. Stay here!" And with that he turned and ran down the dark alley. Your mouth dropped open when you recalled history lessons in middle school. Crap, we were in the Blitz.

You sighed and turned back to the TARDIS. You walked inside and sat at the controls, careful not to touch anything, you sat down in the chair. You drummed your fingers on the panel and brushed your hair back with your fingers.

You heard a clunking noise and looked cautiously down at the floor. Oh fudge, he left his sonic screwdriver. "Doctor." You rolled your eyes and picked it up. It was tempting, very tempting to turn it on and play with it. But what if you broke the TARDIS somehow. You didn't know how it was possible but in your hands it would find a way.

You grabbed your favorite jacket and ran outside. You had to find the Doctor and give him his sonic screwdriver. Problem was, he could have gone anywhere, he ran a lot, ran everywhere actually. First things first, you prioritized and decided to check out this alley first. Maybe there was a door somewhere.

The explosions scared you like crazy, what if one of the bombs hit you? You wandered around and looked up at the dark sky. Scanning the alleyway you spotted a door. The same color as the brick but it was there, you were sure of it. You ran over excitedly. You knocked, there was no answer.

You took a deep breath and kicked open the door. You held up the sonic screwdriver and walked into the dark. It was dark and there was absolutely no light. You walked around held the glowing blue sonic screwdriver out like a gun. Though it probably looked like a glowing pen or some sort of a glowstick. You shuffled around in the dark and looked down the hallway.

There was some source of light coming from the end of the hall. Weird. The light was green. You jogged quietly down the hall and turned the corner. You saw the Doctor crouched under a desk rewiring some sort of machine.

You looked around and didn't see anyone or anything. "Hey, Doctor." You whispered.

He glanced up with a panicked face. "(YN) what are you doing here? I told you to stay in the TARDIS!" He whisper yelled.

You moved back, "sorry, I just thought you needed this." You unraveled your fingers from behind you and brought out his sonic screwdriver.

He held out his hand and whispered, "throw it to me."

You nodded and threw it to him. He worked silently and muttered to himself about the magnetic polarity of something.

"So why are we whispering?" You said normally. You forgot to whisper and you threw your hand over your mouth.

The Doctor looked at you and his eyes widened. He mouthed, get down.

You immediately ducked into the shadows. You heard a humanoid voice that spoke English but it didn't actually sound human. It seemed like a call to others.

The Doctor set down the contraption with wires poking out everywhere. He got up slowly and tried to creep over to you. He grabbed your hand and whispered in your ear, "do exactly as I tell you (YN)."

A laser came out of the air behind you and hit the wall next to you. You stared at the scorched and smoldering hole in the wall. "Run!" The Doctor yelled.

You gripped his hand and led him back down the hall. The lights blared on and you kept running down the hallway. The lasers got closer and closer to you. You could feel the heat on the back of your heels. You ran faster and faster. You looked back and saw these half reptilian half human creatures behind you.

You heard noises and you opened the door with one hand. Just in time, an explosion blew both of you foward.

You fell to the concrete ground outside and looked back as little pieces of stone rained down around you. You coughed and spit dust out of your mouth. The Doctor tugged you to your feet and pulled you along to the TARDIS.

He threw the open the door and pushed you inside. You stood there dumbfounded. One of the bombs had struck the building that from what you saw, looked like foreign and alien equipment buried in the rubble.

The Doctor threw his arms around you. You ran your fingers through his hair and he pushed you back gently. "Are you okay? Were you hit by one of the lasers?" He asked.

You sighed, "I'm fine. Honestly."

He turned and dashed towards the controls. He had a mad look in his eyes. "So where do you want to go now?"

You frowned and walked over and stood next to him. "Why can't we do anything about this?"

"Some things are just set, nothing can stop them. So many outcomes came out of today, the day we are here changed the course of people's lives forever. This strategy occurred multiple times but there isn't anything we can do about these attacks. Sometimes history is terrible to remember but it is important to never forget or ignore these things, that's what makes you human, knowing that the wrong things have happened and still you strive to fix the mistakes. "

You grabbed his hand, "let's go back to the TARDIS." 

-

(Edited January 14th, 2017) (Originally written April of 2015)