Goodbye- 12th Doctor

ALL READERS PLEASE KEEP IN MIND IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE MOST RECENT SEASON OF DOCTOR WHO PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS, YOU ARE ONLY SPOILING STUFF FOR YOURSELF...

-

-

-

-

-

-

You had watched her die. Without the Doctor's knowledge. Tears had streamed down your cheeks. You wept for the future that was lost. You wept for her like all the others that had left. Rose, Martha, Donna, Amy and Rory. She was like a sister, a best friend, and now she had left too. Like all the others she was gone and there was nothing you could do about it.

You had traveled with the Doctor since he met Rose. Actually for a couple months before she had come around with a big smile and an even bigger heart.

You watched her go and Martha come along. Stubborn little Martha with and attitude bigger than her.

Donna's sass made your day every day. She made you smile, laugh, and tears stream down your face by how friggin funny she was.

Amy. Fiery Amy. The girl who waited. Then Rory came along and you cried for both of them.

Clara, your best friend, the other half of you had stung the most. You were inseparable, almost attached at the hip it seemed like. You were so similar. And you hadn't even gotten to say goodbye.

-------------------

You woke up as the colored light in your dreams hit you. You turned over o your side and cried great sobs into your pillow. Whenever you closed your eyes the light hit her over and over and over again.

She whispered let me be brave and your knees buckled under you and your heard the far way sound of someone screaming. Only later did you realize it was you.

You needed to say goodbye.

Every single time you weren't distracted or closed your eyes you saw the same few seconds before she had died over and over again. The lights, the raven, and the feeling of failure to help.

You pulled on a robe over your clothes and walked to your door and down the hall to the TARDIS's main room.

You saw the Doctor sitting on the floor of the console room.

You walked over without him acknowledging you and collapsed onto your knees next to the Doctor. You could barely push the words out of your mouth. "I miss her."

"Miss who (YN)?"

"Clara." Even her name hurt to say.

"I don't remember who that is. Is it a story? Why don't I remember?"

You watched the Doctor forget her. He didn't remember a name, who she was, what made her smile, how good she was with children. It was gone.

"Never mind." And you got up and walked back to your bedroom.

-----------------------

The Doctor had gone out for coffee. Actually you hated coffee so it made him suspicious that you wanted it. But he had gone out any way. Little did he know it was all part of your plan.

You brushed a finger on the warm console of the TARDIS. You looked towards the door of the TARDIS. You whispered, sorry Doctor.

Your hands flicked over the controls and you set the details to return to before she had died.

The TARDIS whirred and you felt no turbulence. It was almost like she wanted to help you.

Everything settled and you had reached your destination.

You took a deep breath to calm your overwhelming nerves and walked to the door. You saw Clara standing in the cobblestone street. Everything was stopped. Everything besides her was still. No sound, no movement, not even the slightest twitch of a finger.

She turned and her beautiful brown eyes settled on you. "(YN)"

You nearly cried at your name alone being mentioned. You ran towards her and enveloped her in a hug.

"How? Why are you here? I accept my fate."

"I had to say goodbye." A single, cold tear rolled down your face.

"Shhh." She wiped the tear from your cheek and pulled back to hold your hands.

"I can save you. That thing on your neck will stop and you can travel with the Doctor and I again, it can be back to the way it was."

A sad sort of smile tugged at her lips. "It can never be the same. I cannot come with you."

You took a deep breath in.

"Now (YN). None of that. Be strong for me. Help the Doctor remember. I already miss you and at this point in time you are stuck in the TARDIS and I haven't seen you for a little more than an hour."

You opened your mouth to say something. But all that came out was, "goodbye."

"Goodbye my dear, dear (YN). I will miss you."

She hugged you one last time then went over to the same spot she had stood when she had, would die.

You looked at her and she smiled but with tears in her eyes.

You walked back to the TARDIS and shut the doors.

You were at peace and knowing she was okay made you strong. You would miss her but you would be brave, you wouldn't cry, and you would be strong for the Doctor. For her.

------------------

Are you crying? I am crying just writing this. Gone through several tissues.

Anyway, thank you to @MiaGraceH for this imagine idea.

And this is for you Jenna, thank you for being the best companion I have ever seen and touching our hearts.

-Jemma