Not What We Appear- 10th Doctor

Well, I was stuck. That has never happened before *que sarcastic laugh*. avenging_avengers gave me the best idea and bailed me out like she always does. Skye Winchester, my impossible girl! And just a note before you read, the reader does not know about the Doctor's traveling in space and time (yet), they are friends though. And pretend like Clara left even though we all know she is with 12.
------
Blissful sleep that you had been lacking not all week. You were so asleep it was almost as if you were dead. Until now.

You felt warm breath on your neck even in your unconsciousness. And the smell of crimson  and dust after rain. From the depths of your sleep you could hear faint whispering. "(YN). (YN)."

You forced yourself to wake up. Rubbing the sleep out of your eyes you opened them to see a figure leaning over you. The moonlight hit their cheekbones and hair.

You sighed. "What John?"

"Can you wake up?" He sounded crestfallen. You sat up and he took you in his arms and cried. His tears wet your shoulder and you didn't have the heart to ask what he was doing here. It had been about a month since you had seen your best friend last.

He sniffed and sit back on his heels. You reached towards the lamp and turned it on. "I- I can't."

"Can't what John?" You asked.

"They keep leaving me, whether they want to or not and I can't handle it. It feels as if they are dead even if they left."

"Who left?"

"My companions."

He pushed the tears off his face and sighed. "First Rose then Martha, Donna had to go, Amy and the big nosed fellow Rory. And Clara."

"You have me. You have and always will."

"Would you come?"

You folded your arms over your chest and grabbed the robe next to you. "Come where John."

"I haven't been completely honest, my name isn't John."

"Ooooookay then. What else?"

He cowered away like a puppy being scolded. "I am an alien and travel in all of space and time. And my name is the Doctor."

You laughed, "sure you are, and I'm a hobbit. Sorry 'Doctor' but I will believe it when I see it."

The Doctor stood up and left mud marks on your blanket. "Wanna come?"

And that was how your relationship started.