Curiosity- 11th Doctor

This is my last 11th for a bit. I am going to write a 9th doctor or 10th, I have trouble writing about the 12th.
------------------
You were curled up with a book in your bed. You barely noticed when the (sort of) break in occurred. You were extremely absorbed in your book when you heard the sound of a flower pot shattering.

You shrieked and dropped your book into your lap. You walked over to your window facing the back yard and looked down to see a shadowy figure creeping around your yard. You should have called for help but you opened your door and ran to the stairs.

You gripped a very heavy hardcover book in your hand, you were prepared to hit the man with it if it was necessary. You opened the back door and saw a man shining a small green light at the flowers.

You creeped up behind him and smacked his head hard with your book/weapon. He crumpled from his kneeling position to the ground.

"What did you do that for?" He brushed his hair back and rubbed his head.

You immediately felt bad. "Sorry," you apologized, "you were just creeping in my yard and it scared me."

You tried to maintain a solemn face but you looked at his bow tie and burst out laughing. The mysterious man stood up. "What? What is it?"

You finished laughing and wiped a tear off your face. You pointed at his bow tie. "Your bow tie, it is just so ridiculous looking."

He straightened his bow tie and looked offended and said, "no. Bow ties are cool."

You looked him straight in the eye. He wasn't a threat. You didn't know how but you just knew he wouldn't hurt you.

You picked up your book and started walking inside. "Come on, let's get you some headache medicine and an ice pack."

The Doctor followed you to your kitchen where you grabbed some Advil and an ice pack from the freezer. You sat him down in a chair and passed him a glass of water.

You waited a bit then asked him the question that was nagging at you. "So what were you doing in my yard anyway?"

"Looking for an alien."

You didn't think he was kidding, so you asked the obvious question, "so why would there be an alien my yard out of all places?"

"I don't know. I hate not knowing."

"So why are you the one looking for the alien instead of the government?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

You leaned in closer to him, "try me."

"I am The Doctor and I am a time traveling alien that goes through all space and time to save people and planets. Wanna go?"

You grinned and answered, "definitely."
-----------------------
Sorry that was kind if short too. Please request. I will see if I have an idea for the 9th or 10th Doctor hidden somewhere in my brain...
And let me also say that I only made the character dislike his bow tie for the sake if the story, I love his bow tie and fez, just to clear things up.
-Jemma