Breakdown: chapter 19

"Do I look good? I really want to look formal at this court thing." I said to Hunter as I was smoothing my dress.
"You look great, as always." He said taking my hand. Hunter was dressed in a suit, all slick black. It's been a month since Hunter told me about his parents and now it's finally time to finalize the divorce. I can't help but feel terrible for him. Hunter gets in the car and drives us to the courthouse. I look out the window and there's about a million stairs leading to inside. I get out and actually climb them. Hunter opens the door for me and he looks around. "Big. Just like I thought." We go inside to the huge entrance of where the trial is going to take place. I've always been fond of his parents. But ever since I heard about the incident, I can never look at his father the same. Mrs. Ryan didn't deserve it. We take our seats near where the jury would sit. The judge starts to speak, "We are here today to finish the filed divorce. I understand that this marriage has split for months now.." I look over and Hunter is looking down and grabs his sister's hand. Hannah is a beautiful little girl with potential and doesn't know the half of what's going on. "Are they breaking up now?" She whispers to him. Hunter looks down at her and nods. "Reason for divorce, an affair." The judge continues.
He passes out the file and they are about to sign.
Suddenly an enormous rumble starts and the room is crashing into pieces.
It's an earthquake.
What do I expect from living in Los Angeles ? I look over and Hannah got hit in the head from a piece of the ceiling. "Hannah!" Hunter runs to her and picks her up. I'm panicking right now, wondering how my own siblings are doing. Mrs.Ryan takes my arm, "we need to leave, now!" I look over and Hunter motions for us to go. "I can't leave you here!" I scream over the rumbling. "Yes you can! I'll be fine!" He tells running to the other exit. I follow his mother outside. The rumbling stops. It's been the longest 30 seconds of my life. I thought the max was 10. There's no possible way it was that long. Everyone's out of the building except Hunter and Hannah.
"Where is he?!" I ask the last person that came out. "Who?" The woman asked. "My boyfriend." I said. She looked behind her. "No one else was in that room." Astounded by her words I start to bolt inside. Mrs. Ryan yells, "Angel no! There can be an aftershock!" I go inside and run to the room. "Hunter?! Hannah?!" I yell. Neither of them are inside.
"Hunter?!" I yell running deeper inside the huge courthouse. My heart is pounding so hard I can barely breathe. Tears are starting to escape my eyes as I'm running. I can't find them.
"Hannah!?" I ask in the echoes of it all.
"Hunter?? Hunter-oomph." I bump into someone and fall to the floor.
"Hunter!" He pulls me up quickly. "Your okay! You scared me so bad I thought you were dead!" I tell him as I hug him. His face is charred a little bit. "I'm so sorry, I had to leave." He said rubbing my back.
"Where's Hannah?"
He looks at the floor. His eyes are misty, "I don't know if she's alive."