'Missing him' (Skephalo)

(Badboyhalo's POV:)

I walked past my farm with Dapper, our bags full of crops. He hopped from side to side and followed me along the path. I wasn't planning to go home just yet so I took him to France to enjoy some quiet time. We just go away from some of the others because it was getting way too chaotic and I was not risking Dapper's safety. I froze when I heard leaves crunching behind me; unsheathing my sword so I was ready to protect my son from the incoming danger. The figure stayed in the shadows of the forest; I bent my tail upwards to make myself appear more intimidating. I stepped forwards,

"show yourself!" The shadow moved and suddenly the silhouette seemed familiar and I froze. Why did I recognise it? Why does it look like...

"Skeppy?" I felt the tears pool. The one person I thought I lost forever was right there in front of me. I mean... He was actually there! The silhouette of the man I loved so much ran further into the woods and I picked up Dapper under his armpits and placed him on my shoulders so he rested his arms on top of my head. I followed after them and was hoping it was him. Please be him... Please be him... I felt myself bite my own tongue from nerves.

It felt like every step I took to catch up made more distance between us. I leaped over a rock and kept my eyes on them the whole time. I held onto to Dapper's legs; making sure it wasn't too tight to hurt him but still made him sturdy. I watched them trample through a bush and I went through and got a thorn stuck on my leg; hissing from the pain and kicked it off effortlessly. Looking up to the open brush around me I realised that the silhouette was no more than a frightened deer as it stared at me with its big, black eyes. I gasped quickly and placed Dapper down, falling ono my knees and sobbing.

"Papa? Papa! Are you ok?" He shook my arm and I looked at my son as he hugged me. It felt stupid to say but I felt safe in my child's arms. It reminded me of Skeppy. I coughed as started to feel the tears again. They started to pour again; the hot, sour taste on my lips. My cheeks stung and... God... Everything reminds me of him, why is that though..? I smiled weakly at Dapper,

"I'm ok Dapper... Let's go home, ok?" He stared at me like he didn't fully believe me before nodding slowly. I lifted myself off the ground and dusted the dirt of my cape and trousers; trying to wipe my eyes to make it look like I didn't cry. He grabbed my hand and I rubbed his palm gently as we began to walk away. I looked back once more to where I thought I saw him and breathed shakily; knowing it wasn't him but it felt nice to know I haven't forgot him.

"Papa?" I turned my head and smiled,

"yes?"

"Who's Skeppy?" I froze and stared at him.

"He... He is your other father." Dapper looked excited when I said this. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to feel anymore. This island has truly destroyed me inside and out. I felt numb inside as he tugged at my sleeve. How was I supposed to tell him that his father has never even met, or even heard of him. Yet alone know that I'm alive or still exist!?

"Can I see him?! How come I've never heard of him papa?" I shook my head and knelt down on one knee so I was on his level. He straightened p[ as he knew this was something serious.

"Your father... Won't be back for a very long time. Work has caught him up off the island so he's unavailable." Dapper pouted and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Aww man... I really wanted to meet my other dad!" I chuckled softly,

"maybe one day Dapper... One day.." I stood up and took Dapper's hand. I looked up at the sky and smiled. This time I didn't feel numb but I felt warm and content. Dapper is all I need now. Maybe I'll find a partner who knows.

But... I think I'll always miss you... Skeppy.

(I know this is short and I apologize!)