'A place all too familiar'

Arriving at the prison was something not easy for Pac. All at once, he felt the memories flood his thoughts and his focus was entirely lost. He was too afraid to speak, too afraid to move. It felt as if time had slowed down as he clenched his fists tightly. His breath hitched and deepened as his eyes darted nervously at his surroundings; taking the time to fully take in the room. The colours and tones of the room were rather monotone and bland, but still gave off a sense of uneasiness with how large and spacious it was compared to the usual compact homes everyone lived on back on Quesadilla Island. Pac felt goosebumps form on his body as the air was stale and cold. With that, he rolled down the sleeves that were originally pulled up to his elbows to cover his bare arms and over his hands too, as he shivered ever so slightly. 

An elbow at his side seemed to be the first thing to take his mind off of the horrible situation he and his friends were being put through. Pac's wide eyes turned to his left side and he saw Mike giving him a reassuring smile. He furrowed his brows in confusion. He couldn't understand how they were so calm, as Mike himself had gone through the exact same past as him. It was obvious his best friend noticed his worry and their gaze eventually softened as they reached a hand to gently grab their shoulder; pulling the shorter into a hug. Pac was definitely surprised as he never pictured Mike to be the affectionate type.

"... Mike?" He questioned nervously as he looked at the pink-haired man with an confused expression.

"Shush... I can see through your act, idiota." Pac's lower lip quivered and he slowly wrapped an arm around their shoulder. The taller stood up and looked down at him. He seemed to find amusement at their innocent behaviour and ruffled their black hair.

"Sorry, Mike... Just this place... It's just so..." He turned his head around and looked around the large room; causing his chest to tighten.

"... Familiar?" Mike tilted his head; his eyes peering over the rim of his glasses. Pac looked at them and nodded vigorously. The pink-haired man laughed softly and flicked some hair out of his eyes.

"Yeah, well. At least this time, it isn't so bad." The two shared eye contact and the shorter just laughed under his breath anxiously. He knew Mike was right. He knew his friend knew better in most situations than him and he even sometimes trusted their opinion over his own. Pac understood what Mike meant. It was because this time, they were surrounded by friends, people they trusted. Unlike before, they had nobody except each other. For once, in such a horrible environment that he had been forced into against his own will, he felt something new for prison; safety. He huffed and rubbed his arm; pulling away from Mike and looking around again.

"So... Three days here, huh?" Mike's mouth twitched boredly and he rolled his eyes. This was nothing compared to back at home on Quesadilla Island and honestly, he was missing that wretched island already.

The group of friends were shoved together; shoulders brushing and clashing together as they all muttered apologies and looked around. Pac clung back to Mike as a sort of safety point. The pink haired man ruffled their hair and brung a hand to pull them closer in a protective, friendly manner. At this point, everyone was becoming sceptical and watched a small group of guards; equipped with a baton and taser attached to their belt, appeared from out the same door they had all arrived in. Their faces seemed almost menacing with the shadows of the room if it wasn't for the silly, white bear masks concealing anything too intimidating facial feature-wise.

There was a nervous coo from Philza as their black, charcoal wings dipped back nervously. Pac's eyes darted between the group and the guards.

"Please, follow me." One of the guards spoke up with the usual robotic tone every worker had. Pac wasn't even that surprised by it as that was one of the many things he could understand about the Federation and its workers. Everything they say or do is monotone and blank; zero emotion behind any word done. It was as if they truly were just robots.