CHAPTER ONE

YSABELLE'S POV

"Tick tock, tick tock, Ysa, I'm waiting" I looked up to my mom hastily wanting me to come have breakfast.

I'd be starting a new school this morning, Green Havens.

I really do hope this one be better, the others I've been to weren't so good. I've got no friends at my former school so I wasn't that bothered about changing schools. All I had there were bad memories.. sighs. I really do hope this new school will be alright.

Being the oldest child among 3 with one on the way doesn't really have it's advantages. Being the first child means more responsibility and I have to be some kind of role model to my younger siblings.

It's tiring sometimes, not having someone to talk to. Don't get me wrong, I talk to my mom a lot, about most things other teenagers might not talk about with their mom. But there's something about having your age mate to talk to.

I'm probably not helping matters cause I'm really really more of an introvert, I hate, emphasis on hate, going out.

I suck at making new friends cause I end up blubbering a lot and it'd scare them away at the end I guess. I can't help it, meeting new people, talking, makes me a blubbering mess cause I'd be really nervous.

As embarrassing as it seems, I even talk gibberish when I'm really really anxious. Another reason why I try to avoid speaking in public places or where there's more than a person in the conversation.

"Ysabelle, eat your breakfast and stop spacing off, I still have to drop your siblings at school." My mama snapped. As much as I love her, she could be pretty overbearing sometimes.

"Dad could take them to school,you know." I muttered under my breath.

"You know how he's like, Ysa. He wouldn't, so why bother asking. Hurry up, your siblings are ready." Mom said

"Where are they at anyways?" I asked mom since I didn't see them around even Aviv, our youngest, though the title is going to be snatched away very soon. Thoughts of my brother made me smile. He's a little bundle of joy. He'd be seven this year, not really little I guess then but he's my favourite if you ask me.

"They're in the sitting room, watching some cartoons, I don't know what it's called. Bluey or something?"
"Yeah, right." I decided to face my breakfast so we'd be on our way.

Few minutes later, I was all done and ready to go. My mum dropped my brothers in kindergarten which was just around the corner.

"I know you're worried about this new school, but give it a try, yeah?

It might not be as bad as your old school and I'm sure you'd make cool friends there." Mom said, breaking into the silence.

" I hope so mama, I really do." I replied to her in a small voice.

Soon, we stopped in front of Green Havens. I swear I could hear my heartbeat as it was as loud as fuck right now. Oh Lord, I'm really really nervous.

"You'll be fine, have faith, bunny." I don't know why my mom still calls me that but it made me smile and I got a little less nervous.

Giving me a kiss on the forehead, we said our goodbyes and I went out of the car.

"Enjoy your day at school and I look forward to you telling me all about it when you're home," she said, driving off.

I guess it's just me now and my really loud heartbeat is back.

Stepping into the school building,I try to take in the school surroundings. It's big, really big.
The school air seems nice and all. The students were kind of fascinating. I should probably get directions to the admin office.

After much roaming, I got to the administration office and I knocked.

"Come in." I heard from the inside. It's probably the school secretary or something, I thought while going in.

"Good morning miss. My name's Ysabelle Miller, a new student of Green Havens. Resuming Year 10." I said to her nervously.

"Ah, Ysabelle. Welcome to Green Havens, Have a sit. I can show you to your classroom." She said, She seems pretty nice. I hope the rest of the school will be too.

"Alright, Thank you miss". I said, a little less nervous.

At exactly five minutes later, she showed up again , wearing a smile bigger than the first one.

"Here you go, Ysabelle. Now, let's begin a tour of the school." She said, with a hand on my shoulder

About thirty minutes later, we were done with the tour. I know where the cafeteria, restroom is. I would definitely be needing that. I love it. She showed me the school clinic,field and pretty much every other place I needed to know.

"Now, your classroom is just around the corner." She said, breaking into silence.

"Okay miss." Great, I'm anxious again. For like the 100th time today. A few more turns and we finally stopped in front of a classroom that's got the year 10 sign right outside and she knocked then went in with me in tow.

"Class, we have a new student here. Ysabelle Miller, I hope y'all make her comfortable. So I'm gonna leave the rest to Ysabelle, she'd do a quick introduction about herself, then find a seat. I think I see one empty seat right there. She could fill that up."

Wow, what a way to throw me under the bus. I wasn't even ready to say a damn word, not to talk of introducing myself. Gathering my self resolve and confidence, which amounts to nothing, I open my mouth and pray I don't stutter while introducing myself.

"Hello everyone. Like Miss said earlier, My name's Ysabelle Miller and I'm a new student here, obviously. I hope we get along well." I said nervously.