CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Neriah's POV.

After the day was over at school, I went home. Thankfully, my mind was far from Emerald and the new girl all thanks to Clinton. I was starting to get all comfortable with him and it felt great. I had my assignment done quickly and plugged in my earpods. Not long after, My brother walked in and I took out one of the pods.
"Hi." he smiled at me.
"Hi, how are you?" I replied as I stood up to hug him. He sniffed in my scent and we both laughed.
"Silly." I said as I hit him lightly.
"How is my little sissy doing this evening?"
"I'm great. What are you up to Dave?" I said as I smirked at him.
"Well, have this." he said as he handed me a shein bag.
"No way!" I shrieked.
"Open it first would you?" he chuckled at my expression. I did and I saw the two cute dresses I have admired for a long time, I wasn't just ready to get them and I didn't want to ask anyone yet. Even if I wanted to, it would be mom.
"How did you...?" I was going to ask but I paused. I wanted to take it all in, I was too excited!  "David!!!"
"You left your laptop open one night and I saw the pictures when I wanted to tuck you in. Meanwhile, it's the least I can do for you. It really did cost me nothing."
"I love you!" I shrieked as I hugged him again. "Thank you so much Dave!"
"You like them right?"
"Don't be kidding, like? I love them."I said as I hurried to the bathroom to try them on. I walked out like I modelled them and we both laughed genuinely. My brother was my Everything and my best friend. "I love you Dave, thank you!"
"Anything for you Nelly, always know that I'll do any and everything I can to make sure you smile!"
"Thank you." I said to him.
"Have you called Dad, he said he had been trying to reach you."
"Really!" I asked as I scrolled through my phone, no call or text from him. I checked and showed it to Dave, "See..."
"Maybe it's the network."
"Yeah, maybe."
We both stayed together till I was feeling so sleepy and exhausted coupled also from my training.
"Good night." Dave said as he tucked me in, kissing my forehead.
"Good night." I responded.
"I'll love to discuss something with you tomorrow, okay?" he added before leaving my room and I nodded and slept off.
I woke up earlier than my alarm not because I wanted to but I had a nightmare. Can't remember what happened I the dream but I woke up either way.  and strolled to the bathroom to shower.
When I was done bathing I came out to meet a text from Clinton and I found myself smiling like a hyena. It read, "Morning Neriah.” I was equally surprised he was texting that early.
“Good morning, texting so early” I replied and waited patiently for his text which he replied to almost immediately.
“Have lunch with me today.” I saw the message and my mouth opened in surprise. I smiled at the text and wondered where he got the audacity.
“Is that an order?" I replied smirking.

“Yes." he stated. This guy!!! such gut!

“From?”
“King Alexander” he added and I couldn't help but laugh.

“Pfftt, you wish.” I replied rolling my eyes.
“I thought you guys loved ‘intentional’ men.”
“I do but it depends” I replied him
“on what?”
“A lot of things”
“So is that a yes?”
“Were you even asking?” I chuckled.
“Nope, I know you’ll come”
“How are you so sure?”
“We’ll meet for lunch, I have to take myself to school and I don’t want to be late so see yaa”
“Alright” I gave in. I knew I wasn't going to beat him to it so I let it go, it's not like it wasn't what I wanted. I hurriedly packed my bags and went down for breakfast, Dave wasn't at the dining. Did he already leave for work? I applied jam on my bread  and ate it quickly as I drank a cup of warm milk.
When I was done, I called Dave.
"You already left?" I asked. He didn't reply, the front door opened. I saw him, smiled and hung up.
"Where did you go to?"
"For a walk." he replied.
"I was thinking, you could drop me off at school today." I saw the excitement in his eyes but he said nothing and only nodded. He took a quick shower while I waited at the dining.
The drive to school was just like the good old times, where we talked about everything and laughed.
"You said you were going to say something to me today, yeah?"
"Yes, that should be when you are back by evening."
"It's alright, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't hallucinating." He smiled as he drove into the parking lot.
"Alright be good, call me when you are done."
"I will."
I was on the hallway when the first bell rang, dang I was late already.
The teacher was already in class, my eyes met with Ysa weirdly and I walked in gently till i sat with Norah. "You good?" she asked without looking at me.
"Yeah." I replied and brought out my notebook. Classes were done speedily and soon the bell for lunch rang.
"So what you are trying to tell me is, Clinton invited you for lunchagain?"
Norah asked as we both sat.
"Keep it down, yes." I said as I tucked my hair behind my ear. I didn't pack it because I didn't want to.
"Maybe, he is different from what I thought."
"Maybe." i said.
I was saying something else before I head Norah mouth the words,
"You can't be serious." and I looked at her direction and saw Clint walking towards us, displaying his perfect set of teeth.

“Hi Norah, Can I borrow your friend for a while?” he requested leaving a sweet smile.

“Only if you can introduce me to one of your friends, I can also chip in a few good words in your favor and also supply valuable Intel, if you know what I mean." Norah said surprising the hell out of me! Wait, did she just wink? I thought she hated him?

“ohh, Which one?” Clinton asked asked. Surprising me how they sought to get along.
.“The dark one” She replied.
“Mustafa or Ali?” he asked.
“The one with hair on his head” I chuckled silently, I knew whom she was referring to.
“Alright, I’ll work something out for you, say less” he said and returned the wink she sent at the start.

First, I never knew she knew football players in that school to be able to specify and secondly, she barely talked with and about Marcus, was she moving on from him or she was just trying to be friendly with Clinton? I couldn't tell. I was just going to ask her later.
“You guys know that I’m still here and can hear you working out a deal for my exchange, right?” I asked pouting.
"You can take her away now, it’s a deal” Norah said, ignoring me and giving him a handshake which he took.

“Now, can we go? I’m hungry.” he said as he pulled me up. “Bye Norah” he said as he held my hand as I had a frown on my face.
"Bye Clinton, Nice to meet you” Norah smiled as she winked at me.
"We have a lot to discuss when I'm back." I said to her quietly as I walked with Clinton.