CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Emerald's POV

"Where on earth are these two?" I desk tapped my pen on the table continuously wondering where Hannah and Cynthia were.

Since it was a free period, everyone was busy chattering with their friends and lovers. Neriah was busy chatting with Norah.

"I wonder what happened between Norah and her lover. Maybe they fell of like Neriah and I did."

"But what could be the reason behind their breakup? The guy seems like a sweet guy and a lover boy... It's probably her fault since birds of the same feather flock together." It was obvious that I was still annoyed at Neriah for our assumed breakup because I still couldn't grasp the reason why we fell off.

I wished I could find someone to talk to since my friends were absent, which prompted me to realize that I needed to make friends with few of my classmates. But I didn't like forcefully initiating friendship with people which was the reason I was yet to make any.

The free period ended and we had a new class.

The teacher asked me if I knew where Cynthia and Hannah were, but I told her how I was clueless like she was.

"Why the hell did she ask me such question? Am I their parents or what?" I fumed after she had asked me of their whereabouts.

The class ended and everyone prepared to leave the class to their various trainings after the teacher had left, since it was time for sports and training.

I was putting my book and my stationary into my backpack when I heard a staff's voice introducing a new student to us.

"Ysabelle? What a nice and beautiful name. I just hope the person is as beautiful as her name." I smiled while I was still stuffing my stationary into the backpack after the staff introduced her—mentioning her name.

"Hello everyone. Like Miss said earlier, My name's Ysabelle Miller and I am a new student here, obviously."

"Really? She got the humour with a soothing voice." I scoffed, still not facing her as I was searching for my airpods in the backpack.

"I hope we get along well." She added.

"But that voice...it sounds familiar. Wait, hollup! Could it be her?!" My eyes moved to where the person stood in front of the class to verify if my thought was right, and lo and behold! It was whom I thought; Cynthia and Hannah's friend that I met at my parents' anniversary—Elizabeth.

"But she told me that her name was Elizabeth. How come her name changed in the space of just two days?" I whispered, wondering in bewilderment as she walked towards a vacant seat in front of Cynthia's seat.

"I never knew your name is Ysa, Ysabelle." I whispered in her ear.

She turned to face me as she heard my voice and the shock to see me was evident from her facial expression.

She explained her reason for lieing to me about her name, which for a reason unknown to me, I still found hard to believe.

"I hope you like it here already?" I said, after she had turned to the normal posture doing nothing in particular.

"Why is she acting like we are total strangers? We are strangers but we've talked once, so why is she making it seem like I'm forcing myself on her." To my utmost surprise, I was definitely feeling entitled which I shouldn't be—which I've never been to any girl except Neriah.

"Maybe." She mumbled, rolling her eyes as she faced me.
"Well, welcome to Green Heavens." She smiled which made me happy, knowing that she wasn't feeling forced like I had thought.
"Thanks." She uttered, still maintaining her smile.