CHAPTER THIRTY

Neriah's POV

I went into my room with the worst shaky breathes. I had no idea what they were talking about and I was always trying to get over Emerald so why bring it up!!! I was shaky and the initial fatigue I felt, doubled. I sighed continuously and sat on the floor. I remained there a while and I didn't know when I slept off
I woke up to the sound of Dave calling my name and tapping me gently.
"Nelly, are you okay?" he said calmly as you stared at me a little cautious and worried. " Worried?" why? however, I got myself together and pretended not to know anything.
"Yeah, I'm good just tired." I told him as I found my balance up.
"Were you crying?" he looked at me again and I negated and smiled.
" I'm okay Big bro, I really am. I'm just tired from today's practice and I'm sooo hungry. " I said as we both laughed.
" Alright, mom made you something."
"Mom?" all in pretence
"Yes, she came around but she'd be leaving soon, freshen up and come down so we can all have dinner together. "
" Okay. " was all I said and went into the bathroom. When I was out, he had already arranged my room and kept all in order although he had already left too.
I shook my head and sighed again.

...

"Good evening, Mom." I said plainly. I promise I wanted to add a little of spice but my attitude problems are the craziest.
"Hey boo,." she said as she hugged me. "Are you not happy to see me?" she asked.
"Of course, I am. I am just tired,"
" hmm. " she responded.
" Hi, dad. " I said afterwards.
"How was practice?" he said as he kissed my forehead.
"Great. "
" Alright, let's have dinner already." Dave yelled from the stairs and everyone laughed. I paused as I watched them hurry to the dinning and mom the kitchen, our helper just assisted mom and was smiling all the way! Was I the only unhappy one in the room?
"Neriah?" Dave called me out of my personal misery. "You good?"
"Yeah, sure." I walked and sat a seat apart from mom, initially I was supposed to seat close to either of them but it was a dining of 6, I've always wondered why it was 6 and not 4. I sat in between 2 empty seats and they all looked at me
"Is anything the problem?"
"No, I'm good, This is what I want for today, I hope I can have this one. "
I said and waited for Dad to pray and then we could eat.  Dinner started and I had already lost my appetite but I just had to, to avoid any other question.
"I'm done, Thanks dad, mom, Dave."
"You barely had half of your plate. " mom added.
" I'm not really in the mood to eat."
"You said you were hungry a while ago." Dave said.
"I was. Lost my appetite. "
" Is anything the problem Nelly? " Dave asked
" I'm really okay, I'm just tired of something's I can't explain right. I feel sick too, mentally. I'll be in my room." I said as I left the dining and up to my room, Bolting the door.

I was not going to cry, they all lie to me and come to treat me like a princess? What do they even want!?
I checked my phone and saw some calls from Norah and one from Clinton. I went straight to texts and voice mails.
"Call me Back Neriah!! Where did you drop your freaking phone!!"  Norah said.
"Hey it's Clinton, you good? I called and you weren't taking your calls, didn't get to see you again after practice. Text me if you are safe and okay. " I sighed and decided I was going to text them one after the other.
" Hey, I'm safe." I said to Emerald.

"What's up?" I replied Norah
I subconsciously started going through Emeralds page on insta and also our school platform pages. Did he get hotter? Possibly this one is also happy without me! Obviously! I still haven't gotten over his parents anniversary I didn't get invited to, maybe I was just worried over spilled milk and maybe focus on my lying Family!
I sighed and focused on my texts.
"See who decided to return my text?!" Clinton replied with a smirk. "How  are you? " he added.
"Great, just great. When are you guys to begin the tournament? "
" Soon." he replied.
" Alright, I'll text you later, I have something I need to finish up."
" Alright, be good. " he said and I didn't open nor reply. Norah called immediately and I groaned.
" Yooo! Where in hell have you been?"
"Language, girl." I told her.
"Don't even preach about Language, you are worst at it. Where have you been?" she asked again.
" My room. " I said.
" Neriah Adams! "
"Norah!" I replied her laughing. "What?"
"Don't go around acting all innocent, What's with you and Marcus? "
" Marcus? What Marcus? " I flinched.
" I saw your texts with him, don't even lie to me." really out of all people, Marcus?
" What are you talking about Norah?"
" We were supposed to be best friends for Christ's sake. "
" And again I practically have no idea what you are talking about!!" she didn't reply immediately and sent me a picture, a screenshot of a supposed text with Marcus.
"This isn't me." I simply typed and I was already getting furious.
"Spare me the whole details. You were always talking on how I should get back together with him and all." he voice was shaky and o didn't know about anything she was saying so my voice was plain. Maybe would create something else I. her head but I was only being honest.
"That's because I care about you !!"
" But you knew about his every move and all sought of surprise he was coming up with?"
" All because I cared about the both of you getting back together."
" Liar." she said. Out of the many things I hated to be called Liar could be the first. It just didn't sound or go well with the type of person I am, I barely lied.
" Don't, Norah, Don't ever call me that. I have told you, I would never have anything or want to have anything to do with your man!"
"Still lying, I don't want to talk to you anymore."
" I told you, I'm being honest!"
"Yeah, good night Nelly! Basically how he saved your number after you said you hated when someone called you that."
"That's not me!"
"Good night, have a nice life and you can have him too." She hung up and I tried calling her back but she already blocked me. I scoffed. I was angry, pissed as hell. Where tf did she get such information and why confront me without wanting to hear what I have to say. First was Emerald, Second,my entire Family and now,Norah my supposed best friend! Can today get any worse??
And the Door bell rang! Great!