CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

Neriah's POV

"We have a lot to discuss when I'm back." I said to her quietly as I walked with Clinton. His hands locked in mine and this dude wasn't letting go. I struggled though having in mind how fruitless it would be, I still tried. He just held on tight as we walked to the cafeteria.

“Can you let me go?”  I said letting out a heavy breath in annoyance!

“Can you stop pulling your hands? I don’t want your hands getting hurt while trying to keep my grip so can you please stop.” he said calmly I huffed again and rolled my eyes and he laughed out loud!! Really?

“What’s funny?” I turned at him with a frown.
“Nothing” he replied immediately turning away from him and I could only get more annoyed. Trust me, Clint was annoyingly cute! We maintained the silence until we got to the rowdy cafeteria.

He pulled me along after stopping for a second or two to find good seats before moving towards a cluster of seats that had enough space and would definitely have less noise.  My hand hurt the one he held and I reflexively massaged on them when he let go.
He  pulled out a chair for me and I only watched him, "a gentleman? oh please." I chuckled in my head, though keeping a straight face.  I dropped my bag on the table then sat on another one leaving the one he pulled out. He  smiled and sat beside me and we happened to stare at each other. That was the longest10 or maybe 15 seconds of my life. It was just weird, everything about it was weird. I used that time to appreciate how beautiful his eyes were, his perfectly drawn brows and his perfect face. Damn, was I drooling? He moved closer to me and I held my breath, maybe I was expecting something, something I wasn't even sure of, he eventually moved away and I jerked and he smiled!!! God I had to look away, it was so weird my heart even raced. He grabbed my hand, the same one he held through out our walk I wanted to pull it again and I noticed he was gentle this time and drop it when he pressed on it for a bit. I sat and said nothing as I looked away from him, I still don't how dramatic this "date" would go.
“You know, you just can’t keep up with that. I find your act funny and cute but I know a secret weapon that would melt all that”

“Hmph, What?” I turned towards him, where was he even driving at, he was the one being all annoying not me!

“Can you stop huffing and puffing like an angry dragon?” Did he just say that, I shook my head and laughed so loud in my head. I turned away again, this time laughing but he didn't see it.. “Wait for me” he said and left the table.

I just picked up my phone and texted Norah immediately.
"How's Marcus?" I sent her and she sent a grinning emoji.
"I'm not even joking, you guys still good? I haven't even asked that in a while, what's up?"
"He's good, we are good. Just not really talking."
"You guys broke up?"
"Not really. Still on that break thingy but we should be fine."
"You should, I'll speak with you in person anyway."
"Yeah! So how's lunch coming with you and Clinton?"
"That reminds me! What's with you and your sudden likeness for Clinton?"
"I don't really know, he came looking for you today and I find that really cute and I see him as a means to get close to football players, there's this one." she replied with many grinning emojis and I couldn't help but chuckle. Norah can be so silly!
"You just amuse me these days Norah!" I sent to her. "First is talking to Clint and now, speaking about mingling with footballers! How crazy!!" I laughed.
I didn't read her reply because Clint showed up.

“What took you so long?” I stared at him.

“I have a surprise for you and the only requirement is, a smile." he said
“No.” I replied immediately rolling my eyes. He pulled down the wrap and I saw Two ice buckets!! oh come on. I didn't know when I grinned and stretched my arms to grab 'em He immediately refused and wagged his finger indicating I could have them.
“What?” I pulled back and asked.
“Smile” he said and I did a little reluctant.
“Wider.” I obeyed.
“Wider!" he said again and I was already grinning too much and he laughed and handed me, some cupcakes. I was patient enough to wait for the Icecream since I'm a fan of cakes equally.
“Keep it up and you’ll definitely get your ice cream.” he added.
I ate my cupcake excitedly while we talked about our lives and recent activities. Football, basketball our hobbies, family and all that.
Half way into our conversation, he handed me my Icecream and nothing felt better. Thankfully, it hadn't melted that much and it was so perfect! Some couple of minutes later, he picked up his phone and frowned.

“What’s wrong?” I asked since he moved from all excited to Mr grumpy, his mood changed I presume.
“Coach says I should meet him in his office, so that means I’ll have to escort you back to class.” he said quickly and I mouthed, "oh" He cleared to table and moved the finished stuff to the dustbin and walked back to the table. Such a sweet gentle man. I don't know how much I admire Clint for now anyway, he just seemed perfect.
“Let’s go” He said as he grabbed my hands pulling me up. The walk to the classroom was a quiet one and I had my hand locked in his without complaint this time.
“Thank you, for lunch and the surprise”, I said and he smiled, he had a perfect smile.
“You have this ice cream stain on your face” he said pointing towards my face as I tried to get it out and I couldn't.
“Let me help with that” he said and without giving me time to process that he leaned his head close and licked it off my face, one move move and it would be on my lip. Surprised and shy but what has happened I put my hands over my lips with eyes widened.
“Bye, Neriah” he stepped back and walked away without turning. I stood there numb for a bit as I was still unable to process it all! it was crazy! Norah actually squeaked me back to existence.
"O M G! you guys kissed!" she screamed as I pulled her to one corner beside the class door.
"What are you saying!? Shut up we didn't!" I told her with my cheeks as red as.
"Then why are you blushing?" she teased.
"Stop it, we didn't kiss. He only locked Icecream off my face." I said that and I felt like the ground could open and swallow me.
"How romantic!" she squeaked again.
"Shhhh." I hushed her as I looked around to be sure she was the only one who saw that.
"It's nothing that serious Norah!"
I said as I walked away from her since she was hell bent on embarrassing me!