CHAPTER ELEVEN

CLINTON’S POV

“I can see that you left your bodyguard behind today” , not seeing Cyan anywhere around her was surprising.
“My what?” She asked with this confused look on her face and why is she even asking me that.
“Your brother?” I asked back with rolled eyes.
“Oh that, well, he decided to see the coach of the basketball team. I wanted him to play football like you but that’s not his calling. He wants me to join the cheerleading team for the basketball team” There was this tone in her voice when she said it that I couldn’t help but silently chuckle.
“And what is so wrong with that? I could hear the distaste all over your voice” Being a cheerleader is not that bad, just maybe the unnecessary attention and I’m sure she could handle it so there’s no way I’ll make her change her mind.
“I don’t know. I just don’t think it is for me. You know how things like this can be. I would be the center of attention” I had to hide my face so I could roll my eyes again.
“Why are you making it sound like a bad thing? I mean, the attention could be nice. Who knows, it might get you a boyfriend” I said to her, I wanted to see her reaction because I’ve been seeing her movements with that Caleb guy, looks promising.
“If I wanted one, I would have gotten one. A boyfriend is the least of my worries. Trust me on that. So I was wondering, would you have lunch with me?”
I hate to refuse her because we haven’t had much time to hang out these days, with her and Caleb and then Cyan coming along, it’s now a crowded scene but I’ve got to do what I’ve got to do.
“I can’t, I’m sorry, Cora. I already made plans for lunch with Neriah” this is where I put on the best apologetic smile I think exists on the planet.
“Who is that?” She asked.
“She is just someone I just met. I would make it up to you, Cora. I promise. I just made plans and I can’t stand her up. It would hurt her” I had to explain things to her so she wouldn’t misunderstand the situation.
“It’s fine. I totally understand” She replied.

I smiled and squeezed her hands before walking away. I know she was going to be fine, she was not going to miss me that I’m sure of, she probably has Cyan and Caleb waiting for her in class. I would introduce her to Neriah if the opportunity provides itself but I would rush it, don’t want to be getting ahead of myself there.

I walked back to the guys to hear them talking about the professional football competitions and the matches that were played in the last month, I laughed and rushed back to my sit so I could join the talks and argument and no one acted strange to the fact that I just returned without saying anything, I love my boys.
I didn’t know how long the argument lasted, we talked about different topics ranging from football; practice, tactics, the premier league, the goals to Stuff we were taught in class; helping each other understand stuff and setting up a time for teaching each other to girls and many other different topics.
Ali had started with his dark jokes that always have me wondering how a human mind would be comfortable thinking about stuff like that. He was telling us the new one he just came up with when I spotted Neriah coming from inside the school, I guess it’s time to go get lunch.

I stood up, picked up my bags and carried it with one shoulder while waking away and leaving the guys with a parting “I’m hungry, see you guys in class”
“I thought we would be having lunch together?” I heard Ethan ask behind me and I had to turn my hand with a smile
“Sorry boys, I’ve already made plans and since I don’t want to keep my companion waiting, bye”
It’s not like they didn’t notice, these boys just want me to say it straight to them. I could tell by the look of the smile on Mustafa’s face that he would laugh the hardest if things with Neriah didn’t go well.
“Haven’t you guys noticed that Clinton has been moving with girls A lot lately, strange don’t you think”
I raised my hand and threw a middle to the back to hear the gang burst into laughter.

“Hey, you came” I gave her a brief hug, Why am I even surprised.
“Hi, You weren’t expecting me to bail, right?” She said with her eye brow raised and had one of her beautiful smiles on.
“What’s up, would you like to have anything?” I gave her a smile of my own.
“No, I’m good” That answer came a bit too fast, something was definitely somewhere.
“Okay?” I tilted my head with narrowed eyes while holding her gaze, “You’re okay, right?”
“Yeah” she looked away. “Lets walk” she walked ahead with folded arms.
I silently followed, I figured she probably had A lot on her mind and maybe she needed time to gather her thoughts. We walked until I couldn’t take the silence anymore so I sighed and had to ask again.
“Uhm, You good?”
“I told you, I’m fine”
“You haven’t said anything since you come here, did I do anything?” I didn’t like the silent treatment, if she didn’t want to show up she could’ve bailed and I would’ve understood. I can’t read mind so I’m very lost right now.
I heard her take a deep breath then turned to me, “Can I get a hug?”
I hugged her immediately, “I’m sorry, I was a bit upset before coming to the garden” she said with her face on my chest. She felt perfect in my arms and trust me, I wasn’t imagining things. I could stay like this for eons but I had to let go, didn’t want her thinking I was a creep.
“It’s fine” I couldn’t stop myself from smiling, there’s just something about how long hugs recharge me and it’s not something a Chad like me is willing to talk about. She mouthed a Thank you and I nodded back.
“Now, would you like to have anything?” I asked to which she giggled. “Can’t believe I rejected food because I was angry” we both laughed. We finally had the chance to eat and I was glad. We ate, walked around the garden, talked about A lot of stuff, had lots of laughs before her phone started beeping and she jumped seeing it was her coach.
“Oh shit”
“What is it?” I asked while staring at her from where I was seated on the grass.
“I should be on my way, I have practice”
“Is that why you jumped that high?” I couldn’t help laughing, she jumped like she was bitted my something in the grass.
“Stop it, I’m serious, I’m so late”
“See you later?”
“After practice too, I have A lot to do concerning the football game” I mean I was the captain, I had more workload than the rest of the team.
“Yeah, that too. Alright then, I have an apology to tender to my coach, I’ll call you when I’m done.”
“Alright Neriah” I smirked, the idea of her wanted to call me after practice is nice to hear.
“You need to stop doing that”
“Doing what Neriah?
“Never mind, bye” she turned to leave, I grabbed her hand to stand then I gave her a forehead kiss. Her reward for giving me a great time.
“Be safe” She scurried away and had to stand there watching her walking away with a smile on my face.