CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Cassy's POV

"You finally came?" He scoffed and rubbed his forehead, "Did you go on a date with him for the days you were away? Were you kissing? A two-day vacation? Is that what you both went for?"

I gazed at him and he returned the stare. My eyes travelled down his lips and they appeared pinker than I had ever seen. Maybe they were kissing, Huh?

At that, my throat tightened and I inhaled to keep myself alive.

"Just leave my sight, Remiel?"

"Really?" He flared at once. "I should leave your sight? I'm trying to talk to you and you're sending me off?" His voice raised high and he sneered.

"You're unbelievable and your face just pisses me off!"

"Your whole body pisses me off. Just get out of my sight," I snapped and he clicked his tongue before he hurried off and out of the class.

My chest raised and fell as I gazed at his retreating figure and I tried not to let my tears fall. It pooled in my eyes and I dragged out my notepad.

Writing all of my emotions once again.

Halfway, a teacher walked in and we had our first lecture. Our second lecture was fast and soon, the student's chatter filled my ears and I glanced around for Ethan.

There's a reason I'm in school after all. I couldn't find him so I stood up and hurried to one of the boys I do see Ethan with, "he's at the field," he informed me and I thanked him.

I hurried to the field and some meters away, I sighted Ethan . He was playing with Clinton and probably Caleb, I don't know. I am introverted so I've only had a convo with Clinton.

And it was pretty awkward so it was our last.

"Ethan!" I waved at him when I reached. He kicked the ball before he turned to me. His brows raised and at once, he strolled towards me.

"Did you call me?"

"Of course. How are you?" I smiled and pulled out my hankie for him, "clean off your sweat, okay?"

"Why are you being nice? You were mad at me, weren't you?"

"I am," I rolled my eyes and sighed, "I need your help so I had to come."

"So the gesture wasn't real. But I still love it," he chuckled and exhaled, "Why weren't you in school? I missed you."

It sent a kind of feeling to me. As I gazed into his eyes, I could read the desperation. Hell, I know I shouldn't even come for his help. But there's no choice. He was helping me to mum.

"Hm," I forced a smile and my eyes darted around to ease the nervousness when they rested on an individual — Remiel!

He had his eyes in our direction and his face was contorted into a frown. When my eyes travelled down, I could see his fist clenched.

Was he angry? Nah of course, he kissed Cossy so he definitely wouldn't want me anymore.

"Are you both having issues?"

"I need your dad's new address and office address." I ignored his questions and he stared at me with a raised brow. "I can't get to my mum. My dad's not helping and your dad should help me to my mum."

"I'll write it down when we get to class,"

"Alright, thanks," I smiled and watched how he went back to the field. Through the corner of my eyes, I was sure I saw Remiel coming towards me or was it an illusion.

He was headed to the field.

I rested on the bars of the field as I watched how they played. The boys were pretty energetic and with the way people cheered, I realized I have been missing a lot in the school.

I mean it's Hella fun here. The girls around cheered and the boys ran around to get control of the boys.

My eyes were on the boys before a strong grip tightened around my waist. The strong smell hit my nose and my eyes widened as I stopped breathing.

"What the fuck are you doing, Cassy?"

It was Remiel. For a reason, it sent a shiver down my spine as he rested his jaw on my hair, "I should dislike you, Cassy. In fact, you piss me off," he whispered as his hands gripped my waist tighter.

"You piss me off too, Remiel," I inhaled as every thing flashed in my mind, "get your hands off me."

"And if I don't? You're going to call that guy to push me off you?"

"Let go of me," I tried wriggling out of his grip but it was abortive. His hold on me was too strong.

"You really want me off you?" He asked.

"Yes," at once, his grip loosened and I turned to meet him, "you—"

I stopped at the look on his face, "Come on, you want to yell. Don't you? You just told me you want me away and even though it hurts it's the truth. You've shown me you want me away countless times."

"Are you listening to yourself, Remiel?" I scoffed and glanced around, "How did I show you I don't want you?"

"You never called. What did you expect me to think," he sucked in his words and glanced around, "Come with," he grabbed my wrist and I exhaled. At once, he led me from the field.

"You hurt me you know!" Remiel grumbled as soon as we reached the tennis court. It was empty and he brought me there.

"Stop saying that. How did I do that? How did I hurt you?"

"You… you kissed that boy!"

"Jesus Remiel! I told you he kissed me!"

"You lied to me! I have every right to be angry!"

"You canceled our date! You didn't even wait for a reply! Remiel, you went off. You never talked to me. I needed you. I needed your help!" I screamed and exhaled.

"I…everything was weighing me down. My brother… I took him to the hospital. You never even bothered to check up on me!"

"Why'd you?" I continued and scoffed, "You were with that Cossy of a girl. You're kissing her now too."

"And you kissed Ethan too!"

I stopped. Batting my lashes, I gazed at him, "you really kissed Cossy?"

"I didn't say I did." He sighed.

"Remiel, did you… did you really kiss Cossy?"

"Jesus! I didn't," he screamed and exhaled, "Yes, I almost did but your face stopped me and I'm sorry for that."

I sniffled and exhaled, "what do you want now, Remiel?" I questioned. Getting out of his sight was the only thing in my head.

"What do I want? You of course! You!"

"You never show me," I squeaked and sniffled, "you get angry and forget to show me…" I licked my lips and bit my lip to stop my sob, "your anger always cloud everything."

"And that's because I was jealous. We haven't sealed our love. I'm scared I could lose you. Jeez," he ran his hands through his hair and exhaled.

"I was jealous because you might love someone else. That Ethan of a guy loves you and you might start falling for him."

"Remiel—"

"I'm not capping. I don't even know if you love me."

"I do!" I batted my lashes as I gazed at him in horror. He affects me like no one ever did. "I do Remiel," I reiterated and moved to hold his hand.

"I love you, Remiel," I confessed.