CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Emerald's POV

"So...how do you know Hannah? Like how did you became friends with her?" I finally uttered for the first time after minutes of walking together in silence.
"She's my neighbor. My house is just some feet away from hers." She answered.
"I wonder why she never told me she has a friend that lives close to her. I've visited her some few times hoping to meet some girls and for her to introduce me to them, but she's a lonely ass." I whispered the last phrase which prompted her to chuckle.

In my few visits to her house and Cynthia's, I was only introduced to some few girls through Cynthia. I've never met or been introduced to any during my visit to Hannah.

I did get their contacts but because I thought I and Neriah were a 'thing', I ended up ghosting their messages which I was regretting.

No, I don't want to think about her—at least, for now.

I intended to try my  best to make her believe I'm in love with her for us to be in a relationship to at least make Neriah jealous, but at the moment, I only want to focus on Ysa. All I have for her is just infatuation, just like many other girls I've been with and a tool to make Neriah get jealous, which I intended to keep that way.

"So you visit your friends just to link up with their friends to flirt with them and probably for some other reasons?" I was slightly taller than her, so she had to look upward to make eye contact—to meet my gaze, and she furrowed her brows.
"No...no." I swiftly replied for her not to get a bad impression of me—at least till I achieved my goal with her.
"Besides what do you mean by 'some other reasons." I grasped her hand, causing her to stop walking as I did, in order to get her attention.

She looked at the grip, expecting me to release her hand, but I ignored her expectation.

Her gaze made me observe her beautiful eyes for the first time.

Her beautiful eyes were captivating with a unique sparkle that I couldn't describe.

"You already know what I mean, so there's no reason for me to spill it out." She still maintained the eye contact.
"How am I suppose to know what you mean when I'm not a telepath?" I smiled.
"Let's just forget about it then, whether or not you know." She continued walking, letting loose of the grip, which I finally let go.

I walked to catch up with her because she increased her pace.

"To set the record straight so you won't have a bad impression of me, I'm just surprised that she has a neighbor whom is also her friend and you can ask Cynthia; I've never been romantically involved  with any friends of hers. The least we did was talk for two days and act like we are strangers back."
"So why are you telling me?" She scoffed, while we continued walking.
"Because I need to, to let you know that I'm not that type of guy you've pictured or think I am." I replied.
"That's what you lot say."
"Wait, are you a misandrist or did a guy broke your heart recently?"

She was taken aback by my utterance as if I casted a spell. She stopped, made direct eye contact with me with a scrunched face. She didn't say anything, but rather, continued walking.

"Did I say something wrong? I mean, I was just joking. If someone really broke her heart, why would she get annoyed because of that? Hasn't she moved on?" I wondered at the same spot.

"I'd rather let her be for now than follow her around trying to prove who I am to her like a simp." I concluded.

I knew she was definitely going to dance to my tunes at the end because I've dealt and been with some girls like her—that act like they don't give a heck about guys and relationships. They are usually the ones with vulnerable and fragile hearts who end up becoming obsessed with guys they are with, after initially acting aloof.