CHAPTER EIGHT

CLINTON’S POV

Well, I didn’t need to wait for long because I got a text back some moments later which means the meeting was set. I had to head to class, didn’t want to miss classes because I don’t want my grades dipping.
My grades dipping means not being team captain or maybe even taken off the team, mom would freak out and I wouldn’t want that. I got to class just in time to hear the bell ring to signal the start of another set of gruesome lecturing. Had a hard time grasping what was taught in math, English was a breeze as usual, history was nice and geography was nice. Guess I would need to talk to Christian, I would be need extra lessons on math if I want to pass, at least.

Had my stuff in my bag before the sound of the bell could be heard and immediately it was, I was up and bolting out of the class, fast enough to hear the teacher say “And there he goes, Barry Allen in the flesh” and the laughter from the class that faded as my distance from the class increased. I pulled out my phone to drop a text in the group chat I had with my guys from the football team, well maybe just those I was close with like Ethan and co.
We needed one to make passing of information easy plus we get to have cool or/and corny nicknames.

“Meet up?” – King Aleksanda {Me}
“Where?” – Dior {Christian}
“Where the gees hang out.” -King Aleksanda
“At the G spot?” – Ethan

Ethan was always the one that had the same sense of humor as I did, caught on with my jokes in a snap, just like that. Which is why I’m shocked that a girl would let go of such a fine specimen, well, her loss.
He's also the only one on the group chat without a nickname, tsk tsk tsk, a trap he set for himself. The whole gang is waiting to give him a nickname from a very embarrassing and comical situation but we just haven’t found the perfect one yet.

“Come onnn guys, not again” – Alien {Ali}.
“Why do they always do this?” – Mufasa {Mustafa}.
“A sublime pass through the defense?” -King Aleksanda.
“And a clinical finish to match” – Ethan.
“SUUUIIII” – King Aleksanda and Ethan

“My liege” There was only one person that likes calling me that and that is none other than Ethan. I looked up to see him walking towards me, he noticed that I already caught a sight of him and he smiled at me, I smiled back and scooted to the side to give him enough space to sit with me. He took the seat, dropped his bag and stretched forth his hand for a handshake and oh, was he going to regret that.

I gripped his hand in a vice like grip and immediately increased the pressure, I saw him cringe visibly then try to retrieve his hand but failed visibly.
“What did I say about calling me that?” I said while smiling at him, we would always do this whenever that happens and he knows, just wasn’t ready for my impromptu attack which is a new tactic.
He would always try to endure like right now to see how much he could take but he hasn’t gotten past the 10th second, I always make sure of that and that would be up in 3,2,1.

“Ouch, ouch, let go dammit” I had to let him pull back and massage his palm like he usually does, “Don’t you ever go easy?” he asked while grimacing and applying more pressure on the areas that hurt the most.
“I’m Chad, I don’t go easy, I go Hard, always” I said while staring at him, he stares back then we burst into laughter.
“Maybe the guys are right, we should really stop doing this, you’ve been moving extra sus these days” he said while looking at me with squinted eyes.
“Shut up and also, congrats on being the first to find me”
“Do I get a reward?”
“Of course, you already got a handshake from my infinity gauntlet”
“Come on man” he chucked, “Here comes the rest of them” He gestured towards the incoming trio of Christian, Mustafa and Ali.

They arrived and we all shared handshakes and fist bumps.
“How are you the first one to find him?” Ali asked them turned to Christian and Mustafa, “I told you guys, these two have something going on” They both nodded in agreement.
“Shut your hole man. Now, who’s the second, third and fourth? Decide between yourselves so I can know the prizes to give out”
Christian looked at me puzzled then turned to Ethan, “Did you get a prize for being the first?”
“Just a meeting with his infinity gauntlet, the usual” he said while still massaging his hurting palm and looking at me with a scowl.
“See it’s not so bad, who’s wants to meet with Thanos?” I asked with heavy enthusiasm.
“I’ll pass” “Don’t worry” “Keep it”
They all refused, well, maybe they’re shy.
“Well, your loss” I turned to Christian, “Chris, can you help me with math lessons this week, I didn’t understand today’s class”
“Maybe Weekend, I’ll text you when I’m free”
“Alright, Thanks man. It is set, the nerd will help me with math then after that, world domination, muhahaha” I did my best villain impression but couldn’t help choking during the evil laugh, I was always bad at that.
“You’re crazy.” Ethan said while shaking his head, the rest of the gang did the same.

I looked up while clearing my throat to see Cora walking by in the distance, I smiled at her, I was very happy to see her back on her feet.
“Well, later guys, class or training after school” I didn’t wait for them to answer before I picked up bag and walked to Cora. When I got to her, she wanted to stop walking so I grabbed her hand and pulled her along to continue.