CHAPTER THREE

Neriah's POV

I called Norah at the field and she drove to me. She watched me play and hoped she made me relax a bit too. After another line training session she yelled from where she was seated,
"I really think it would be fine if you ate right now!" I heard her and I smiled. I think it was 3pm, way past my lunch time... I bounced the ball and a ripped it before sitting close to her. Here's some water, wash your hands, personal hygiene." she smirked and I laughed. Some guys already assembled in the field and we watched them while we ate.
"Thank you for coming." I stated simply after a long silence. She only smiled and nodded. "Norah?"
"Yeah?" she replied.
"Do you think I should keep this whole shit with Emerald? He clearly doesn't like me anymore." she paused and I guess was trying to reason deeply.
"If I'm being honest, I really don't know. I'm not so close with Emerald to know what and how he feels for you at the moment but just thread carefully and follow your heart, do whatever makes you happy and healthy, okay?" she said I remained silent. Time passed and the day was already close to an end. Evening came and it was past five, I had to be home before Dave gets worked up. I got up and we both went our separate ways after hugs. Stepping on our porch, Clinton called, I smiled, I didn't know I would get excited when I saw his call. I picked up as I walked in the house.
"Hey beautiful." he said and it was obvious he was smiling from the way he sounded.
"Yeah right." I said and rolled my eyes. "You call me only times when you want to flirt yeah, what have you been up to all through the week you rarely called our reached out?"
"Sorry about that, you know the competition is coming up and I am always, when I mean, always so busy, regardless, I left see few text on your Instagram you didn't reply." he defended.
"Wait, really? Maybe I didn't see them. All the same, how re you doing?"
"I feel better now speaking with you."
"You good?" I asked.
"Just exhausted from today's training."
"Oh okay okay." I replied and we spoke a long while. How he put not much effort into making me laugh loud was extraordinary. Dave wasn't home when I got back but he came back later that night about two hours after I did and I was still on call with Clinton, though I took some breaks when I wanted to bathe and some other stuff. Crazy!
"Nelly!?" he called out and I took the excuse to hang up.
"In my room." I replied him.
"How are you?" he asked me ever tenderly.
"I feel better now." I said calmly.
"All about Emerald right? The invite and anniversary shit right?"
"Yes, part of it."
"And you think because I have a girlfriend I like, I'd neglect you?"
"Not at all. You get to choose eh to be with and you and everyone else are with you care about."
"It's not always like that, Dad loves mom but they are not together and the same goes for mom." he said that and I remained silent, come to think of it...
"I'm really sorry." I said and moved closer to him, while the placed my head on his shoulder. 
"It is not always like that Nelly, sometimes in life, we don't always get what we want, not because people around you hate you, but because it's always for your own good."
"I'm really sorry, I really don't know what has gotten into me."
"Yeah, it's fine, the more bigger you get the more stubborn you have become and I don't know why!" he said and laughed.
"You forgive me right?" I asked him and he hugged me tight.
"I was never angry with you, you know I will always put you first even before mom and dad."
"Yeah." I sniffed.
"Mom is here."
"Really?" I smiled and it faded in a bit. "She's going to yell at me!" I said a little panicked. He laughed.
"Definitely but not much though I already spoke with her."
"She left work and her place because of me." I said and he laughed so hard. "I'm serious David." I whined and he walked down with me.
"Hi Mom." I said as I saw her sitting watching TV.
"Neriah."
"I'm sorry mom."I said immediately and smiled awkwardly. And they both laughed. The night went on perfect and soon it was Monday.
We had a class that morning and the teacher was a little late, the class was a little rowdy and I could hear a little chit chats about the anniversary here and there but it was the least of my problems.
The secretary walked in with a new girl and judging from stuff, she looked a bit shy or would I say, tensed?
She introduced herself as, "Ysabella."
"Ysa" I said in my head and nodded.
Her intro was long and sweet and I didn't pay attention to the remaining stuff she said because I chose not to. She's pretty anyway. After her intro, She was directed to an empty seat in the middle roll.  She sat calmly and truth be told, I also wondered why I watched her every move and all, Why would someone pick this dramatic school? I laughed in my head. Some moments later, the teacher walked in,
"Morning class." He said.
"Good morning sir." some students echoed.
"So sorry I'm late, I had an emergency. Notwithstanding, let's have a quick test." That's definitely not the best way to start my day! I screamed in my head. I was obviously ready for any test but one like this, I would have to rack my brain to an extent.
"We have a new student." someone yelled from the back.
"Oh really?" the teacher asked and She got up.
"I'm Ysabella."
"Ysa." he said. She nodded.
"Alright, So guys... Sit." he said to her and later faced the rest of us, "Well because of Ysa, we would be moving it to next week."
"Thank God." I sighed and I looked at Norah who laughed. The class ended after an hour and we had free period. I was with my phone since I was less busy.
"Do you mind having lunch with me? At the garden close to the field..." Clinton's text read and I found myself smiling. Norah cleared her throat and I squinted my eyes at her.
"I know it's Clint, you can have fun though, just be careful."
"Sure..."  I told her.