Chapter 4

The next morning saw the omega being gently woken up

The next morning saw the omega being gently woken up. "Prince, please wake up; it's time."

"I am no prince. I'm Jungkook." replied the omega groggily, stretching his limbs and groaning in pain.

The last night had been tough. With the train of thoughts racing in his head, the omega had chalked out the multitude of possibilities of his death in the near future. In a moment of optimism, he'd convinced himself that whenever the possibility arose, he'd escape for good and never look back, but the clouds of doubt and pessimism had smothered all hope, and he'd wept himself to sleep.

The puffiness of his face had faded, but his eyes were still red-rimmed and somehow, the person who'd been waking him up was quite mindful of the state of the omega.

"You need to get used to it, prince. His royal majesties have summoned you for the morning assembly."

This had Jungkook waking up. Now that he looked towards the door, he noticed the guards standing at his door, and they did not appear all too pleased to be there, and the disdain in their eyes almost made the omega wince.

"I'm Jimin , your attendant." The boy introduced himself kindly, a significant contrast to the expression of the soldiers. Seeing the omega still appearing distressed, the attendant simply walked up and shut the door, the thud snapping the omega out of his reverie.

" I am no prince, please call me Jungkook, just Jungkook. I don't know what I've done to be here, and I don't want to be here, but I also have no other place to be." The omega blurted, his eyes shining with unshed tears.

The attendant simply sat down in front of the omega, pulled him into a hug in an attempt to comfort him, and had on his lap a sobbing and weeping omega. The two sat down for a while as the room started to faintly smell of the omega's distress. The blocker was weaning off, and this had the omega all the more troubled. Seemingly unable to comfort the omega, Jimin took his face in his hands and tried to reason with him.

"Prince ,My prince, Jungkook, look at me all right......Look at me... yes." The eyes of the omega finally focused on him as tears kept rolling down his face, but he was present.

"I don't know, where they got you from, why they chose only you, or why you're here locked in this room, but crying won't help you, right? So let's go out, they do not like to wait, and then we can decide what to do from there, okay? We do things step by step, okay?"

The attendant wiped off the tears from Jungkook's face. The conversation had been in hushed tones, but Jimin didn't know how much of it the guards might have heard, and it sent a chill down his spine. He'd often been told that he got attached too easily and was way too gullible for his own good, so he tried to keep his guard up, but now seeing the so-called prince of the land in such distress simply made him want to protect the prince, who he was pretty sure was younger than him.

There was not much to do, they'd lost time in consoling the omega, and thus they simply decided that Jungkook change attire, apply the scent blockers, appear as presentable as possible, and meet the monarch.

The opulence of the hall that had once mesmerized Jungkook didn't seem as beautiful and interesting today. All he felt was his heart beating out of his chest as his mind urged him to make a run for it, but the four guards who had escorted him to the hall and the others who stood at guard around the palace seemed all too menacing for him to even attempt to step in the wrong direction.

The monarchs were yet again late in their arrival, which spoke of nothing but their arrogance.

"How was it meeting your attendant?" asked the queen.

"I'm sure you two must have made an acquaintance." She continues with a smirk gracing her face.

"However, that is not all there is to it. Do you know that Jimin's family resides in the castle itself? His two younger siblings, his parents, and his grandma? such kind innocent souls."

Jungkook is not able to bring himself to look away from the empress, for there seemed to be some malicious undertone in the words she spoke, albeit not directly.

"Leave ." The emperor commands, and all servants and soldiers vacate the chamber. He then comes around to stand behind Jungkook, " You will not be hurt, but Jimin is disposable." he whispers, leaning down to the omega's ears.

"Understand this quite clearly, boy, for every mistake you make, that servant will be punished, if he dies, his family will be next, and it will all be your fault."

The omega's eyes open wide in horror, understanding the implication of the emperor's words. Tears, yet again, threaten to fall from his eyes.

What have I gotten into? Why me?

"So now be good and learn to be the proper prince you need to be until the details of the alliance are decided, and then you'd at least be serving your land and living a life of luxury."

Added the empress as they left him there, kneeling on the hard ground of the opulent hall with tears rolling down his cheeks and sobs wracking his frame, for he felt trapped.