Chapter 5

The pitter-patter of the rain bought Jungkook comfort as he sat locked up in a tiny room at the palace

The pitter-patter of the rain bought Jungkook comfort as he sat locked up in a tiny room at the palace. Jimin bought him his meals three times a day, and twice a day, he was allowed to venture to the bathhouse nearby to care for his business. It has been a week since he spoke with the monarchs, and they have not graced him with their presence ever since. The day after the talk, an old man had visited him, with Jimin hastily entering the room before quite promptly and firmly securing a veil around his face. The old man had been introduced as a teacher and had spent a couple of hours teaching Jungkook various royal etiquette, which he was supposed to follow, and informed him more about whens and hows. Right before leaving, the old man handed him a script that provided the omega with the outline of all that he had been guided upon and was expected to remember.

The room was only warmed by a lantern. The omega had gravitated to the same corner, for he'd been feeling the cold seep into his bones lately, and an overbearing sense of loneliness often weighed him down. The flimsy sheet did nothing to be of help, so he let himself be lost in the sound of rain that brought cold, but also contentment in knowing that it would benefit his plants while he was unable to be present and actively care for them.

It felt like deja vu when yet again, the door to the room opened, revealing a frantic-looking Jimin, hurrying towards him with a veil in hand." Apologies, my prince, things have been set in motion, and we can not dally a while," he whispered in a hushed, rushed tone, as an entourage of maids entered the room, followed by an old lady who appeared all too smug for that late an hour.

" My prince." she bowed low. "I'm Eun So, and I have been chosen to serve you. I will be in charge of putting together the most ethereal outfit for your highness' royal matrimony."

" I've been sent here by his majesties to take measurements so that Your Highness does not have to bother going himself. Kindly let me know if you have any preferences, and I will ensure that your choices are taken care of ." She concludes gracefully while Jungkook keeps looking at her, still seated in a corner by the lamp wrapped in a flimsy sheet.

Jimin clears his throat, gently nudging the omega and having him stand up. Eun so delicately carries out her duties, taking measurements and dictating her observations to her maids, who hastily jot it down in detail. After what feels like after hours, she states that she is done taking measurements.

"Any preferences, your highness?"

Jungkook feels like something is clawing at his chest from within, he hears his heartbeat in his ears once again. The feeling is fleeting. One moment it crashes into him, and the next moment, it is gone, leaving the omega in a cold sweat. He looks around the room.

'This is now my fate, there will be no escape.'

A sob threatens to make itself known.

"Tiger Lillies and buds. I want those to be included." He says calmly.

"Noted, my prince. We will now leave you to rest. We wish you a peaceful rest."