Chapter 6

There seemed to be something different about the palace the next morning. The security seems to have been added; guards seem more alert, there are more people in total, more servants rush around, and there seems to be chatter and laughter.

" The delegates from the north arrived yesterday night, my prince," Jimin whispers to him as they move towards the opulent hall. Jungkook had been summoned yet again, but this time he'd been dressed in silks and adorned with jewels. He felt like an imposter in his own skin.

"His highness, the prince of the land arrives." cries the announcer as all conversations stop and eyes wait upon the arrival of the royal omega prince. Jungkook feels his nerves, feels like throwing up, while his limbs turn cold, and he urges himself not to faint with every step he takes. While the bystanders stand awed, the Omega appears as ethereal as he'd been rumoured to be. Dressed in white, his movements fluid, he appeared to be grace personified.

The veil covered his face yet again. He took his place on a seat beside the monarchs on a lower throne, looking over at the members of the assembly.

Silence prevailed. Everyone in the assembly felt the gravity of the moment settle in.

Some commotion at the back of the hall sought attention next. In came a kid, followed by a couple of maids. "Apologies, respected members of the assembly, we request permission to leave." The maid addressed the monarch with her eyes cast down, receiving a nod in reply. They hurried out of the room with the kid in tow.

"The northern kingdom has been kind to send two of their best to the east. We welcome them warmly." announces the king as two lords stand, bowing to all present. "It is with great pleasure that I now announce that in the days to come, our royal prince will become the spouse of the ruler in the northern kingdom. Let it be known that this will mark the beginning of an alliance of harmony between both lands. We look forward to opening trade routes and adding to the exchange of valuable goods to benefit the overall economies of both kingdoms. I hope that my people bless this matrimony and rejoice in the peace and harmony that is to grace the land.

"Follow me, my prince, we have a private meeting with his majesties and the lords."

"Hyoungnim, has everything already been decided? The date , the suitor do you have ny idea?"

"My prince, the suitor, is undoubtedly the ruler of the northern land, the dates are yet to be discussed." Jimin whispers as they make their way to the private room.

"What is this meeting for? Do you have any idea?"

"I'm not sure, my prince, but I believe that it is for you to be better informed about the nitty gritty of the alliance."

Jungkook nodded his head in acknowledgement while he let his eye wander across the space they were moving through. It was yet again a corridor new to him. He'd never been to this part of the palace, yet this, too, showcased green opulent walls decorated in golden motifs of leaves and plants. There was a saying that the land of the East was home to those that yielded the power of nature. The gold signified not only opulence but also abundance and prosperity that came along with bountifulness. It was these that inspired the royal palace and its making. The palace was centuries old, yet stood majestic and firm, serving as home to the blessed lineages of the originals. The structure in itself bore a spirit that commanded not only awe but also respect, which made Jungkook want to perhaps ask the walls if they could tell him tales from the past. Had they known his mother? Had they seen her in her glory, working on what she loved most?

"We're here, my prince, I'll wait for you here, should you require my services, please ring this bell." Says Jimin handing him a small bell that chimed in the softest possible way while Jungkook made his way into the room and Jimin waited outside.