Chapter 12

Three days before the ceremony.

Jungkook had not seen Jimin until later this morning, but once the elder had arrived, he'd not left the younger omega's side. Jimin, on this day, appeared to be dressed better than usual. The elder seemed to have taken time in cleaning himself up and paid attention to himself. His hair had been carefully brushed back, his eyelids showed hints of glimmer when he looked down, his lips had a lively tint, as did his face, which seemed to be glowing and for once, Jungkook simply sat happy to contentedly observe his hyoung working. Little did the young one know that his hyoung was anything but content. Worry had been simmering in his gut since the morning and being beside Jungkook and helping him cpe in the way that the young one was fine and well. Jimin might not have been privy to the details of the situation Jungkook was in, but he felt that whatever it was, was not particularly good. There had been a bell tolling somewhere on the palace grounds, and hearing it, Jimin had ushered Jungkook out of his room and to a larger chamber that appeared like a smaller assembly hall.

The room already had a small group of people seated by the time the young omega made an appearance. They were all dressed opulently and had this air of coldness about them but they rose to greet him with respect and all too soon the omega acknowledged them and had the people sitting. Silence prevailed in the room, and it appeared as if Jungkook was expected to break it since everyone sat looking at him with expectant eyes and rapt attention.

The elder from the last day then walked into the room, much to Jungkook's relief. He took his time to settle into his designated space and then began.

"Today is the third ritual of the pre-ceremony rituals. This isn't about simple mates. It is for those that are to rule the land in the days to come."

" My prince," he said, addressing Jungkook for the first time since he entered the room. "These are the members of the Ilhanyan entourage and your to-be subjects. Through this ritual, you will get a glimpse of what life in Ilhanya will be all about."

"Both sides are expected to communicate." He addresses turning to the small crowd.

"The ritual may now begin."

The silence still prevails. Jimin looks at Jungkook, who slightly shakes his head, beckoning him closer.

" Hyoungnim, I don't think I can do this."

Jimin stands up straighter and faces the crowd.

"His Highness has not been feeling well since this morning. Thus, I have been given the responsibility to act as his voice and help with the smooth conduction of the ritual." He says.

Turning back yet again, he looks at Jungkook and pretends to bow down and hear what the prince has to say. Jungkook does not utter a word.

"His highness requests all the subjects to introduce themselves and their role at the Ilhanyan court." He announces firmly.

"I'm Lee Un Tak" says a middle-aged person standing up. "I help in the management of the help at the royal court."

"I'm Gu San Yoeg, your highness." Says a rather young member of the gathering. "I help with the maintenance of the the royal palace."

"I'm Jung Jin Hwa, I am......."

Once the introduction for most parts is done, Jungkook yet again beckons Jimin.

"Hyoung, could you ask them about the palace gardens?"

Smiling, the elder turns around. "His majesty wants to know about the royal gardens at Ilhanya, could someone tell us about it?"