Chapter 10

The attempt at the young omega prince's assassination was expected to slow things down and perhaps cause issues when it came to the alliance

The attempt at the young omega prince's assassination was expected to slow things down and perhaps cause issues when it came to the alliance. Instead, in the days that followed, the decisions and actions seemed to accelerate. Three days after the assassination attempt, the monarchs of the land called an open gathering of commoners and high-class officials alike and announced that, after much discussion, it had been decided that the ceremony would be held under the upcoming full moon in ten days, while the associated events would begin five days in advance. The omega prince was to receive the most extravagant care, and the people of the land could bring any offering during this time if they wished to bestow it upon the prince.

It also implied that the kingdom, at the same time, would prepare to welcome the prince of the northern lands, Jungkook's-to-be-partner. The omega had been present through all conversations and discussions regarding his future, but caught up as he was, he simply tuned out, for there was nothing that he could do to help himself out of this situation. The public announcement was where the omega had to keep himself together. The tears gathering in his eyes threatened to spill down his cheek, Joon and Jin had been present and observing the prince, but they'd been under the impression that the prince had been sentimental about leaving his home behind.

"What do you think of this marriage my prince? Or perhaps that of mates?" Jin later asked the omega upon meeting with him.

" I never saw myself as someone who would essentially be married." The omega gasped realising the slip of his tongue. He'd simply been too carried away and stated the truth, " I....I wished to dedicate my life to the service of the kingdom. I did not let myself fantasize about luxury as marriage, but I, I'm thankful that I now get to experience it and on such an extravagant scale." He added hurriedly, hoping that no one would have caught on his error. The monarch would be very dispeased if something went wrong now and in no way could he fathom his actions putting anyone he loved or their families in danger.

"What about mates, my prince? Do you believe in mates or perhaps soulmates?" Asked Joon with a small smile.

"I wish to atleast run into my mate once in my life so that I'd be able to see them and express my gratitude for their existence." replies Jungkook, the omega's eye shining with unshed tears, but it is his smile despite the sadness that wants the two elders protect him.

"Soulmate bond, on the other hand, I believe is solely for those that have been blessed by the moon herself, and I would be the luckiest if I got to witness it in person, even another blessed pairing."

Joon nods in acknowledgement, and the three chat for a little while until Jimin arrives with the omega's meal, and the Kims depart, allowing Jungkook to have a meal and wishing him well.

Nine days before the ceremony, the omega finds himself in a spacious room, with a priest and monarch, the priest drones on and on about the various arrangements hat need to be made and the monarchs nod obediently which surprises the omega significantly, they have a servant make notes and once the discussion is over, the omega is rapidly dismissed at the flick of the monarch's wrist. Jimin accompanies him from the room. The room Jungkook had noticed was quite unique, and well decorated more so than the other parts of the palace, with a lot of gold and green a recurring theme in the palace aesthetics.