Chapter 7

After the meeting the last evening, Jungkook had been moved to a new room."Its one that suits you, prince. You only deserve the best." Jimin had commented, leading the omega into the new space.

"It is due to the visitors and their demands to keep in touch with his grace that the monarchs decided that it must in all senses appear as if you are the prince ." He'd added once they were alone in the room.

"I've been asking around, you know." Jimin says, handing the omega a glass of water. "So far, only a few people from the kitchen and one soldier know you by name. You really kept to yourself, didn't you?"

"I did only what was asked. Prying only invites trouble, and I simply wished to avoid it."

Jimin nods in acknowledgment.

"How do you know Hoseok hyoung? He seemed happy knowing I know you."

" We met while he was on duty one day, for a week he'd been assigned to guard the entrance to the Royal garden, and it was the same week I'd been working there and juggling between kitchen. I gathered herbs from the garden and supplied to the kitchen."

Jimin set a plate full of fruits in front of the omega and chose to stand by the duvet on the side of the table.

" Please sit hyoung I don't want you standing, and there's no one else here but you and me. And please have some of this as well." Says Jungkook sliding the plate towards the fellow omega. "Please allow me to care for you as you care for me." He added just before his hyoung could object. Smiling Jimin picked up a piece of sliced fruit and chomped away.

"I became close with hyoung after" adds the omega, without noting that his hyoung had stopped eating and waited for his next words with a bated breath, "after he saved me from being harassed by an alpha at the market." Jimin does exhale in relief, but his ears remained perked up to keep following what his dongsaeng had to say.

" The alpha was probably a traveler and had been quite drunk in broad daylight,and he'd simply caught me in the market and had started behaving in an improper way, and I'd been so caught up and surprised and scared that I'd been unable to do anything." Jimin sees the younger shiver and break out in goosebumps recalling the times and simply gently holds onto his hands and squeezes to ground the fellow omega and to show him support and comfort ."Hobi hyoung had been there; he'd somehow recognized me and rescued me. I have been thankful to him ever since, and he has taken it upon himself to look after me."

"Do you like him?" Jimin adds, acting all nonchalant, but holds his breath nonetheless.

"I do." Jimin feels his world shatter, but the omega continues. "He's my favorite hyoung." and at this the other omega smiles all too wide in relief.

Jimin leaves that afternoon to fulfill some of his other duties. "There's much being done at the moment, I'll be back in the evening with snacks," he'd reassured before leaving Jungkook to his thoughts yet again.This chamber was far better than what he had been given earlier, there was a plush bed with soft blankets, a duvet for others to sit on, lamps around the room providing it with warmth, and windows that looked over the back garden.

I'm probably closer to where I was yesterday, thought the omega sitting by the balcony door. The trees are the same, but I'm looking at them from the other side.

It's the sunlight hitting the leaves, making them look ethereally green, healthy, soft and warm, that brings joy to the trapped omega.

I can just leave from here, drop a sheet to the garden, and make a run. I'd be free....If only I could ensure that Jimin Hyoung and his family would be safe.

The omega shakes his head, wiping away the tears that had rolled down his cheeks. There was no escape and no way out, and he was trying to accept his fate

If only I could bid my plants a good bye, see them just once so I remember them as they are.

The omega had little care for himself. All his life, he'd been dedicated to his plants and the responsibility he was bestowed upon at the place. He tried to think of his current situation as a responsibility too, but just could not. Much of what little he possessed was being taken away from him at the cruel hands of destiny.

The omega had been too caught up thinking about his situation to pay attention to his surroundings, it was perhaps due to this that he failed to notice the eyes that had been set upon him, ever since he'd moved to stand looking out the window.

When the moon had graced the night sky, the stars witnessed the distressed omega, sitting by the foot of his bed peering longingly outside the window. Jimin was a good company, but he wasn't always present to keep the omega indulged. It was not that the omega was new to this longing and loneliness, but he had always had the plants that gave him much comfort, he had his meadow where he always felt as if he was in his mother's embrace, it was there that he had the best memories from his earlier life and it never failed to bring him comfort.

When it came to moon, the omega had a love-hate relationship with it. He loved the brightness of the moon , its beauty the serenity it brought along but sometimes he hated it for it was always accompanied by the stars. The moon had grace and beauty but it also had scars, and sometimes those scars reminded him of his own self. Dull, unattractive and on the brightest of days, unnoticeable.

" Just the way the stars keep the moon company, its in the same ways a family accompanies their loved ones, you have me Jungkookie, me, your father , your friends and someday you will have your mate too and your family would be complete. You'd never be alone." His mother used to say.

Mate. He'd never even get to see his mate anymore. This time when the tears glazed his view and rolled down his cheeks, the omega did not have it in himself to wipe those tears off. The future simply seemed futile, with little hope.

*************

Tell me what you feel? Who do you think was keeping and eye on him? Did you catch that?!See you next week! Much love! ;x