41

Kennedy knew how she had moved in with Aimee and her mum. She felt at home. She knew that Izzie had been cold and distant since she had Bella which is why she felt like she needed to leave.

She and Tom had been getting a lot closer. He had been spending time with Bella. She loved seeing the bond Tom had with their daughter.

She didn't know what was going on with them both. But she wanted it to work. She needed something in her life to work out.

She felt as though things weren't easy. She was thankful to Aimee and her mum for letting her move in.

Claire had enjoyed having Bella there too. She offered to watch her a few hours a week so Kennedy could have some fun with her friends.

All she knew was that things had changed. And she wasn't sure that it would work for her. She just needed to hope and pray it would.

She rolled over in bed and sighed. She saw Bella asleep through the baby monitor. Bella had her own bedroom at Aimee's house. Which she was thankful for.

She knew she couldn't stay there forever. But she knew that it would help until she had her own place.

The door opened and Aimee walked in. She smiled. "Hey. My mum said she hoped you wouldn't mind. But she took Bella and Autumn down for breakfast. She said she's making pancakes."

Kennedy sat up. She looked to her. "She doesn't have to do this. I'm grateful she's let me live here. She doesn't have to look after my daughter too," she said.

Aimee rolled her eyes. "Trust me. She used to run her own daycare. This is like second nature to her. She's happy to help."

"Only if you're sure?"

"Course I'm sure. Trust me. She's happy to do this."

Kennedy nodded. Knowing she was thankful that she finally had some help.

***
Kennedy and Aimee went into school. Tom walked over to her. He took Bella and smiled. "Hey. How are you?" He asked.

Kennedy nodded. "I'm okay. Just stressing about these exams we've got coming up. Don't know how the hell I'm meant to prepare myself for them," she said.

Tom smiled. "Im happy to help. You know I am. I don't want you think you're alone."

"I know. I appreciate it. More than you think," Kennedy said.

"I'll take her to crèche. You go and focus on your exam," Tom said as he turned and walked off.

Kennedy turned to Aimee. "He's being way too nice. I'm scared."

"You have a baby together. He's got to be nice to you," Aimee said as she walked off indoors.

***
Kennedy was sitting in the common room. She had been trying to focus on studying. She couldn't get her mind off of Tom. He was all she could think of.

The door opened and Tom walked in. He sat down with her and smiled. "I've been thinking. I want to take you out. So we can talk about us," he said.

Kennedy looked to him. "Seriously?"

"We have Bella together. And I want us to make it work. If you want that too?" He said.

Kennedy smiled. But were she and Tom ready to take another step in their relationship?