17

Kennedy woke up and smiled to herself as she smelt bacon cooking. She sat up and looked beside her, tom wasn't in the bed besides her. Kennedy had stayed with tom again, Maxine had covered for Kennedy even though she didn't know exactly where Kennedy was. Kennedy got dressed and walked down to see tom making breakfast. She smiled to herself as she heard him and mika arguing "no, way its too far" tom said "its London not the moon" mika said as Kennedy walked into the kitchen "hey" tom said as he smiled to her. He walked over to her and they kissed as mika groaned to herself "do you have to?" mika said as Kennedy too a seat opposite her. Mika looked to Kennedy and glared "wonder what mum would of said" mika said as Kennedy starred down to her plate "mika, stop it now" chlo said glaring at her as Tom grabbed Kennedys hand under the table and gave it a reassuring squeeze. Kennedy was starting to feel the strain.

***

Kennedy got to school and met up with Aimee "hey" Aimee smiled to her "you okay?" Aimee asked and Kennedy sighed "im fine" Kennedy said as Aimee frowned "no, your not...what is it?" Aimee asked "its me and tom, the thing with mika its getting to us and I don't know if our relationship, can handle it. She keeps bringing mum up and I cant help but think how she would react to all of this" Kennedy said as Aimee looked to her and smiled "ken, what happened with your mum is awful, i know that, you do, your sisters do. But its what brought you and tom together and you know it, you and tom are strong and you will be fine, I promise" Aimee said and Kennedy smiled, she wasn't sure if it would be.

***

Kennedy sat in her class, she couldn't stop thinking about the whole tom and mika situation. She ran her hands through her hair as Aimee ran in "come on" Aimee said as she grabbed Kennedys hand and dragged her out of the classroom. "Aimee" Kennedy called as Aimee stopped and turned towards Kennedy "what's going on?" Kennedy asked "mika, she's finally done it, she's arranged a protest over nature and her trees" Aimee said as Kennedy rolled her eyes as they walked outside. Kennedy stood next to chlo "mika, on one of her environment hobbies?" Kennedy asked and chlo sighed "yep" she said as tom and Rachel stood in front of the playing field. "the playing field is out of bound, no one is allowed past this point" Rachel said "is it because of the tree protest" janeece asked "its because we don't want you endangering yourself" tom said "or is it because you don't want to here what they have to say" Kennedy said as she looked at tom, he narrowed his eyes at her "do as your told Kennedy" tom said as Kennedy raised an eyebrow at him "make me" she said as she looked to him, she could see how frustrated he was getting.

***

Kennedy walked down the hall, as the bell went. She spotted tom and he looked to her "ken, what were you playing at this morning?" tom asked and Kennedy sighed "tom, I was only teasing you, you know that...is she still up that tree?" Kennedy asked "too right she is, she's so stubborn" Tom said "she's fighting for something she believes in, give her that at least" Kennedy said "please, don't say your standing with her" tom said "i stand or her sticking up for what she believes in not for what she's doing" Kennedy said "you cant be serious" "mika is almost eighteen tom, she knows what she's doing, don't act like she doesn't" Kennedy said "i cant believe you Kennedy, your meant to be my girlfriend and your taking her side" tom said as he stormed off "tom" Kennedy called after him, but he ignored her. Kennedy sighed and ran a hand through hr hair and turned around to see Aimee there, she had seen it all. "ken, come here" Aimee said as she walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.

***

Kennedy walked out of French and sighed as Aimee walked over to her "ken, have you seen tom?" "since our fight, no" Kennedy said as Aimee paled slightly "what is it?" Kennedy asked as mika sighed "tom...mika pushed him from the tree, he had a fall" Aimee said as Kennedy felt sick. She looked to Aimee before turning and running outside. She ran towards an ambulance where she saw tom wearing a neck braid "tom" she said as she walked over to him and placed a hand on his cheek. Tom looked to her and smiled "im okay, Ken, I promise" tom said as he held onto her hand. Both of them unaware of Steph looking on and watching, she was starting to suspect something "come on, we'll go talk" tom said and Kennedy nodded and followed him into the school.

Kennedy sat at a desk and tom sat opposite her "i know things have been hard, with mika, but we said it would be" tom said and Kennedy smiled "i know we did i, but I never thought it would be this hard" Kennedy said as tom placed a hand on top pf hers "what are you saying?" tom asked as Kennedy looked up at him and smiled "you know what im saying tom, I love you, I love you so much" "and I love you, I never felt this way before" tom said and Kennedy smiled "and that's why you need to focus on mika and chlo" Kennedy said as tom frowned "your breaking up with me" "its for the best besides, you know what they say, if its meant to be you'll find your way back to me" Kennedy said as she stood up. Tom grabbed her hand and they held eye contact "im sorry, I love you" tom said "i know, I know" Kennedy said as she walked out of the classroom and wiped away the falling tears from her eyes.