Chapter 15

Moana was overjoyed for Keoni, having known how much he stressed over the fate of his sister. The young woman was safely on Motunui, and Moana had a gut instinct her parents had taken the initiative to welcome her. That said, she understood that their road to stability would not be easy; since she did not know the extent of what trauma Huihana had to experience. That, adding Keoni's own trauma, they needed to take things one step at a time.

She concluded that she would discuss the situation with her parents and the council when they arrived on Motunui. For now, it was a matter of getting home.
She couldn't read or study the stars while in Fetia's realm, from what it seemed. And there wasn't a discernible way to determine direction. As Fetia talked with Keoni, Lawai'a, and Maui, Moana looked around the tiny island.

It was in the shape of an eight-pointed star, and from what Moana knew about the sun and the moon, was that the moon always rose in the east and set in the west, just as the sun did. Then, the warm pinkish glow of the sunrise slowly creeping up past the horizon caught her eye.

The sun caught the attention of the Fetia and the others. With a motherly smile on her face, Fetia turned to Keoni, the latter of whom knew it was time to say goodbye.

You'll see us both again. Fetia assured, taking her son's hand in hers, sharing Hongi with him.

This whole time, Maui had remained mostly quiet, allowing Moana and Keoni a peaceful moment with Fetia and Lawai'a. But his presence wasn't forgotten or ignored.
And Maui. Fetia said, getting the demi-god's attention, I must thank you as well for aiding my son and Moana on their journey together. Maui just grinned, casually leaning against his hook.

"Ah, no worries! Wherever Curly goes, I go." He winked at Moana, who just rolled her eyes, but couldn't hide her smile.

Then, Maui glanced down and saw the tattoo of Mini Maui and Mini Moana shift. To Keon's utter amazement and disbelief, he watched as a Mini Keoni appeared on the canoe with Mini Moana, the two figures grabbing hands and waving.

Both Moana and Keoni's eyes flew wide open, and they felt their cheeks warm, Keoni rubbed the back of his neck with an awkward smile on his face, and Moana twirled her hair around her finger. A resounding chuckle followed their bashful reactions. It was then that Moana understood what it meant, though she was unsure if Keoni also understood that they were meant for each other.

Now, as much as I would love to spend more time with you all, Moana and Keoni must make the journey back to Motunui. Fetia announced. She then took Moana's hands in hers and closed her eyes as she whispered something in an ancient language. Moana was mesmerized as swirling, shimmering light surrounded her hands. When Fetia pulled away, she said, you'll be able to read the stars anywhere you go, and the stars will protect you. This is my blessing for you and for my son as well.

There were no physical changes to Moana's hands, nor could she feel anything different, but it was the knowledge of being blessed by the goddess of the stars that filled her with a new sense of purpose.

"Thank you, Fetia."

With Fetia's blessing, Maui helped Moana and Keoni pack the canoe for the journey back.

At last, the group embarked on the sea once more, and as they departed Fetia's pocket realm, the sky was filled with stars once more, and the star constellation was no more. The brilliant light from the star-shaped island was also gone. Not a trace left.

Maui stayed with the pair for a day or two, then informed them of some Demi-god duties he had to attend to.

"Pulling up more islands?"