You Can Do This

Dean x Reader

Female reader

~

Is that-

"Carry on my wayward son!"

It can't be.

"There'll be peace when you are done!"

You can't believe this.

"Lay your weary head to rest!"

Dean...

"Don't you cry no more."

...can sing?

You're pressing your ear to the door of the bathroom, straining to hear. Dean's voice is...indescribable. It's beautiful- pure and smooth, all milk and honey, but with a little bit of rust and car oil mixed in to identify it as Dean's. Other than the screeching on the high notes of the guitar solos, you could listen to it all day. You have to keep yourself from shuddering when he flips into the most beautiful falsetto you have ever heard. You're so enraptured by his voice that you don't even notice when the shower turns off, nor do you notice the bare footsteps padding their way toward you. You're leaning against the door so heavily that when it opens, you're launched straight into a towel-clad Dean, your cheek pressed briefly against his bare chest.

You pull away, horrified and embarrassed. You remind yourself not to stare at his perfectly sculpted body and glue your eyes to his shocked face.

"You have a lovely voice," you squeak before running off to your bedroom, ignoring Dean calling you and Sam laughing his ass off.

~

"You gotta tell her, man," Sam presses Dean.

"You think I haven't tried?" Dean says roughly. "I've never felt this way with anybody, not even Lisa and I'm just so scared she'll-"

"What?" Sam cuts him off. "Reject you? I doubt that severely."

"Okay, but how do I do it? I can't say it - I've tried. I just can't get the words out. I always just freeze up..."

Sam shakes his head and chuckles. "Man, you are so-" he's about to say "whipped," but he stops suddenly, flinging his arm across Dean's chest to stop him from walking. He's staring at a sign, one of those A-shaped blackboards they use in restaurants to advertise the specials. Except this one isn't talking about clam chowder or steaks.

"No," Dean say firmly.

"Dean-"

"Sammy-"

"This morning-"

"She was in an awkward situation and didn't know what else to say."

"Dean, despite the fact that you pretend to be terrible-"

"It's half my charm."

Sam throws Dean a bitch face. "It's horrifying, not charming," He says.
"Anyway, even I have to admit that you have a great voice, and it's the perfect way to tell (Y/N)."

"But karaoke night? At a bar? That's in front of people, Sam!"

"Even more romantic."

Dean glares at Sam. "Why do you have to be so damn logical all the time?"

Sam lights up. "So you'll do it?"

Dean grumbles something that sort of sounds like "Yeah, sure, whatever."

Sam claps him on the back. "You can do this," he says.

~

"You can do this."