Home Alone

Sam x Reader

3931 words

Civillian!Reader

~

Lily drops her duffel bag on the hardwood floor with a dull thud. "I don't wanna leave," she whines.

You snatch up the bag and thrust it into her arms. "Yes, you do. You deserve this." You lower your voice and wiggle your eyebrows. "Jake deserves this."

Lily jerks the bag from your hands, glaring at you. "You're disgusting," she says, but she's trying to hide a smile. She throws the strap of the bag over her shoulder and runs a hand over her monstrously curly ponytail. "I'm gonna miss this place."

You snort. "Yeah, I'm sure the white, sandy beaches of Jamaica feel real sorry for you."

Lily shrugs. "I've never been out of the country before, so forgive me if I'm a little homesick."

"Homesick?" You question. "You haven't left yet."

"That's real helpful."

The front door rushes open, the wind from outside banging it against the wall behind it. Jake stumbles in, his clothes askew and his hair wild and windblown. After struggling with the front door, he wraps his arms around Lily's waist from behind. He presses a kiss to the curve of her jaw and purrs, "You all set, Mrs. Moore?"

Lily giggles. "I sure am, Mr. Moore."

You make fake gagging noises until Lily glares at you. "I'm disgusting?"

Lily ignores the jab, "Are you sure you'll be okay?"

You roll your eyes. "Honestly, Lily. You worry too much. Besides, you have your paranoid-cam, remember?"

"Oh, that's right." Lily breaks away from Jake and hands you a piece of folded-up loose leaf paper from the nearby desk, which is strewn with various bills and envelopes. "Here's the computer and security passwords."

You take the slip from between her fingers. "Why do you need security cameras anyways?"

Suddenly, Lily's chocolate brown skin takes on an ashy gray overtone. Her eyes widen and she freezes. "I-"

Jake steps forward, placing a hand on Lily's lower back. "Lily thinks the house is haunted," Jake tells you.

"Someone was murdered here, Jake," Lily whispers. "Of course it's-"

"Babe, we talked about this-"

"Okay," you interrupt, pushing both of them towards the door. "Time to go on your honeymoon before you have your first fight as a married couple."

Jake and Lily exchange a look. They hold it for a second, then relax, gentle smiles spreading across their faces. Just like that, all is forgiven between them.

"Let's not keep Malcom waiting, babe," Jake says finally.

"Malcom's driving you to the airport?" you snort. "Good luck surviving."

Lily shoves you playfully. "He's not that bad."

"Your funeral."

Jake tries to drag Lily towards the door, but she turns to you and says "Thank you so much for doing this."

"Lily," you say. "If you are not out of this house in the next thirty seconds, I will physically force you to leave."

~