You're Even Better In Person

Sam Winchester x Reader (PLATONIC)

*Gender Neutral*

~

"We got a vengeful spirit, I think," Sam says. He's in the Impala with Dean, driving around [Your home town].

"Salt and burn," Dean remarks. "Awesome, where's the nearest motel?"

"Let's worry about that in a little bit," Sam says absently, staring at a piece of crumpled up loose leaf paper like he was holding a gold brick in his hands. Dean looks at him strangely, but he covers quickly. "The place is nearby."

"What you got there?" Dean asks, not paying attention to the road, as usual.

"The address," Sam lies. "For the case."

Dean eyes Sam warily, perfectly able to tell when his little brother is lying, but deciding not to press it.

~

"Right there! That blue one!" Sam exclaims suddenly, pointing to a house with a long driveway and white, yellow, and green trim accenting the blue-gray siding.

Dean slams on the brakes and makes a sharp turn into the gravel driveway, muttering to himself, "Thanks for the warning."

Sam ignores him, and barely waits until the Impala is at a full stop in front of the house before he hops out quickly. He's acting like a four year old, but he can't help it. He's just so damn happy to be here finally after two whole years...

"Jeez, Sam, don't wet your pants," Dean mutters, wondering what's making his brother act like an excited little puppy.

Sam composes himself and walks calmly up to the front door. With his brother next to him, he presses the doorbell and waits.

A woman about in her early fifties answers the door, a polite confusion on her face. "Can I help you boys?" She asks.

"Hi, Mrs. (Y/L/N). Is (Y/N) here?" Sam asks politely.

She scrutinizes him for a second. "Sam, is it?"

"Yes, ma'am. Don't tell (her/him) it's me," Sam says. The woman smiles and winks at Sam before calling over her shoulder. "(Y/N), there's someone here to see you!"

You frown, placing a bookmark between the pages of your book. Who could that be?

Your mom calls your name again. "Get down here, don't keep them waiting!"

"I'm coming," you yell irritatedly. "Calm down, woman!"

"Is that any way to speak to your mother?" She scolds, only half joking as you descend the stairs. You roll your eyes good-naturedly at her before taking the front door from her. Two men stand before you, one looking extremely confused and the other looking extremely familiar.

The taller of the two speaks first. "Hey, Snicker Doodle."

Your jaw drops. "Sam?" you ask incredulously. He doesn't respond, just opens his arms. You jump into them, wrapping your arms around his waist. You never want to let go.

"I can't believe you didn't recognize me," he mumbled in your ear.

You choke out a laugh through your clenched throat. You're almost sobbing with happiness as you bury your face into his chest. you can feel him nuzzling your hair as his grip tightens you. "I didn't know you'd be so tall," you say.

You can feel his chest rumble as he chuckles, rocking from side to side as he continues to hold you. You can't believe he's actually here. Sam. In your arms. After two years... you squeeze him tighter, wanting to memorize everything- his scent, his embrace, the rough feeling of his flannel against your cheek. Skype calls are nothing compared to this. Suddenly he pulls away, looking awkward. "Uhhh, right. (Y/N), this is my brother Dean," he says as he points to the shorter man beside him.