Time is Running Out

So this is in a weird format and also really short and you guys deserve more considering that I haven't updated since the USA was still alive, but I decided to get off my ass. It's spring break so I have lots of time!

*apologizes profusely*

Gender Neutral

Castiel x Reader (sort of ???)

315 words

~

Dear Castiel,

Someone once told me that there's this limit on the amount of time a couple can spend apart after a fight. If you let it go on too long, they both start thinking. The guilty one starts to justify what they did or said. The victim starts to get angry, their best friend encouraging them to never accept an apology. The scars begin to heal and a confrontation opens them up again, which hurts like hell. If the apologies happen too late, then, well...It's too late. The time is very precise and...

I think our time is running out, and that's not a bad thing.

Castiel, you will be the death of me. Before all...this, you were something beautiful. You brought so much joy to my life, but then you took it away. I started to heal from you but now you're coming back. I tried to give you up, but I'm addicted and I don't need to...I guess the word would be relapse. I can't do that.

Believe me, I want to. I want to so badly. But in our time apart I have created a joy of my own, and I won't let you smother it. I won't let you murder it. I want to, but I know if I do you will suck the life out of me. You will be the death of me.

I want to thank you, I guess. For all the good stuff before the bullshit. How did it come to this? We had everything together and then it just...died. I don't know. I probably never will. I just need to protect myself at this point. Just know that I don't hate you. And if you don't come back, then maybe I'll forget about all the shit and just be left with the residue of the happy memories. Have a good life, Castiel. I mean that.

Sincerely,

Me.

~

Please physically maim me for being a terrible book creator.

*pushes this gently towards you with a cookie and a cherry and whipped cream (unless you are allergic to any of those things in which case the only thing on top of this fic is apologetic sentiments)*

~Faulcn