2) Wangshu Inn

"So, this is Wangshu Inn?"

Y/n stared up at the building that seemed to be coming out of the tallest tree you'd ever seen. Golden leaves peeked from behind the roof of the inn. Or is it the other way around? Y/n thought.

You near the base and stare at the stairs winding around the trunk. Your expression dropped, great more walking. You decided to go over your journey so far and the mission.

After Dilluc's sudden departure, you were quick to follow. Thankfully you got out before the other two realized.

From there, it was a lot of walking, defeating hilichurls and minor abyss mages. It was great practice since you still couldn't control the anemo element.

Since coming to this world, you learned about visions. They granted you the power to wield elements. And you were given two, geo and anemo. You came to know that they were basically rock and wind.

Were you glad to be given such a rare gift from Celestia? No. Absolutely not. They were a nuisance, especially anemo.

You had learned geo quickly, but anemo would not bend to your will. Just like it's god, it was a bit too 'free.'

Another fun fact, you were old.

You arrived in Teyvet after dying at the age of 32 and you were now 28. Yup, you were 60 years old, but there are older beings here, so you weren't complaining.

End of fun fact.

On your way here, you encountered hilichurl camps. You thought it'd be perfect and try to tame this wind element.

Y/n had never been so wrong in her life. She clenched her fist as the hilichurls around her turned to ash. I'm going to beat this anemo god's ass for giving me this!

You sweat-drop at the memory, "Probably not a good idea to curse a god," you mumbled. Your eyes traveled up the tree, scowling. "Is this my punishment?"

A sudden creaking caught your attention, and you dropped into a fight stance. Hand poised over the dagger sheathed at your side. Is something attack

...

You stared dumbfounded as a man slowly appeared on the other side of the railing. Your eyes shook as he stared, confused. Holy Jesus, am I dying?! That guy's floating!

...

Your brow twitched in annoyance as a platform came into view. Various bags stuffed with goods, were placed around the guy.

Your hands dropped by your side as you stared in shock and were slightly pissed. There was an elevator!?

You flinches, realizing it was going to pass you. Y/n sprints to the next turn, taking her higher. You jump and land on the roof. Holding the edge, you swung next to the male.

He jumped, slightly startled, as you rose from the crouch with a smile.

"Why don't I help you with these bags, good sir."

Y/n placed the last of the bags in the kitchen. "Thank you for the help, miss." you turned to the male with a smile.

"I should be the one thanking you." He gave you a confused look. "If it weren't for you, I'd still be stuck on those stairs," you clarified.

He chuckles, "To be honest, I was a bit surprised someone was using them." He held out his hand. "Names Yanxiao." You took his hand firmly. "Y/n L/n pleased to meet you."

He pulled away and thought for a second as he looked you over. "You're not from around here, are you?"

You scratched the back of your neck, smiling awkwardly. "That easy to tell, huh?" He crossed his beefy arms and nodded knowingly. "So you must be a traveler as well." You perked up. "Is there another traveler here?"