21) So, This is Rex Lapis

As the first light of the day breaks over the horizon, a magnificent transformation begins to unfold. The sky is painted in a beautiful array of colors, casting a soft glow over the harbor. The water below reflects this stunning scene, creating an almost ethereal atmosphere. Y/n stands transfixed, taking in every detail of the breathtaking display before them. Childe stands next to them, a small smile on his face as he too is captivated by the beauty of the moment.

"Wow," you mumble, stepping forward as you go down the hill. Childe follows with a carefree stride. "Is this your first time here?" he asks. You chuckle nervously. "Second, actually, and boy, did I get lost the first time," you answer. He laughs softly as you pass the archway. The guards on either side perk up. "Hey, it's you again." Childe stiffens and you move past him with a bright smile.

"Hey, we meet again!" He smiles, turning to you as the other approaches. "Say, is this the girl you were talking about?" he asks.

The first one chuckles. "Yup, this is the one. She was going around like a lost puppy," he laughs, and you blush softly.

"I wasn't that lost," you grumble in embarrassment.

"You mistook a hospital for a restaurant."

"All the buildings look the same!"

"Weren't you trying to find the bathroom and ended up in that Snezhnayan bank?"

"...That was an honest mistake."

"You ran into a wall," he deadpans, the other guard cracking up.

"I wasn't watching where I was going!" you pout.

"You ran into a wall?" Childe speaks up, holding his stomach as he laughs. The other guards turn to him. "Oh, you're new. Is this your boyfriend or something?" the first guard asks teasingly. You deadpan. "You asked me the same thing about Mr. Zhongli."

He chuckles awkwardly, looking away while scratching his cheek. "Did I?"

You stare unimpressed. "You did." The other elbows him with a sly smirk. "She's got you there."

"A-anyway, what brings you guys here?" You shrug your shoulders. "Seriously, isn't today like a very important day?" you ask.

"Oh, you must be here for the Rite of Descension," the second guard says. You nod. "Yeah, it'll be my first time seeing it."

"Same goes for me," Childe adds. "I heard Rex Lapis comes down himself."

Both guards nod. "Yes, it is truly a sight to see the great Rex Lapis descending the heavens for his people." He held his staff up in the air as he clenched his fist.

"Too bad we're stuck at the gate today," the second grumbles while the first clears his throat, reverting back to a normal stance.

"Sucks to suck," you say, walking past them with a slight wave. "We'll get going then."

"Way to rub it in," the first grumbles, but smiles nonetheless. "Enjoy yourself."

You smile softly as you continue inside. Childe glances down at you. "Say, do you still happen to know where that bank is?" he asks. You think for a moment. "Yeah, do you need to go there?" He nods, clasping his hands together, and raises them over his head. "Can you please take me there? Come on, girlie, I'm begging you!" he pleads.

You blink at the sudden change of attitude and scoff with a smile. "Geez, no need to beg. Of course, I can show you the way." He beams, and you can't help chuckling. It was strange. You weren't usually this open with people you've just met, but with Childe. It felt like we've known each other for ages.

After a few twists and turns and climbing a few flights of stairs, you finally stood in front of the bank. "Phew, we made it," you breathed, looking at the familiar doors. He thanked you again before heading in, while you turned around and went in search of the locations where the Rite would be happening.

It took longer than expected, but you eventually found it. To be honest the only reason it took so long was because you got sidetracked...and were hoping to spot a certain familiar face.

Y/n mingles with the forming crowd as the Rite of Descension begins. The Tianquan of the Liyue Qixing, a lady with long white hair that faded into gray at the ends and wore golden-colored clothes walks to the center of the platform. The way she carried herself was admirable, like a powerful queen about to address her people.

 The way she carried herself was admirable, like a powerful queen about to address her people

She glances up into the sky briefly. "The hour is upon us." Her voice carries throughout the clearing. The two ladies at her side, bow to her before leaving the elevated platform. As you watch them, your eyes are immediately drawn to the exquisite display on the long table in the center. The table is adorned with intricate decorations, such as elegant flowers and delicate ribbons, carefully arranged to create a visually stunning display.

Even from a distance, you can smell the tantalizing aroma of a variety of foods that are beautifully presented on the table. From fresh, ripe fruits to savory delicacies that you've only seen in high-end restaurants, there's an impressive selection to choose from. You can't help but feel impressed by the attention to detail and effort that went into creating this magnificent display. In the center of it all was an antique-looking jade pot. It must have taken serious manpower to move that thing, Y/n thinks.

The majestic Tianquan stands tall, her eyes focused on the task at hand. She raises her arms, crossing them over her chest, and in a swift movement, chunks of golden geo crystals fly in a circle around her. The crystals glimmer in the sunlight, casting sparkling reflections all around.

With graceful movements, she raises two fingers and twirls around, leading the shards toward the jade pot. The crystals follow her every move, dancing in the air as she guides them towards their destination. As she snaps her hand shut, the crystals begin to circle the pot, gaining momentum with each passing moment.

Suddenly, they slam into the pot with great force, causing it to shake violently. The pot erupts with a bright golden light, shining like a second sun during the day. The glow is so intense that it's impossible to look at it directly.

As you watch in awe, you notice something strange happening in the sky. The clouds overhead start swirling into a circle as if they're being drawn towards the light. Suddenly, the light shoots into the center of the swirling clouds, illuminating them from within. It's a sight you'll never forget. You watch in awe realizing what the anchient looking pot was for. So, this is how they call upon a great deity like the Geo Archon, you think as you watch the clouds descend.

The clouds above are illuminated with a bright blue light that catches your attention. You watch in awe as a figure descends gracefully from the heavens. As the figure draws closer, your eyes widen in surprise to see that it's a dragon. The majestic creature twirls elegantly in the air, showing off its agility before finally landing on the pot with a soft thud.

You are completely taken aback as you take in the sight before you. The dragon's brown scales glitter with hints of amber, and its golden horns shine brightly in the daylight. Its razor-sharp claws click against the pot as it wraps its long, slender tail around the jade relic. Golden fur ripples in the wind as long tendrils sway from its snout.

Your breath catches in your throat as the dragon slowly opens its eyes. You can't help but stare in wonder as its eyes appear to be made of twin chunks of gold and amber, glistening in the sunlight.

"So, this is Rex Lapis," you whisper.