18) A Letter

Verr very slowly turned away from the door. "I heard nothing," she muttered, walking away. She went back behind the counter.

"Um, excuse me?"

She flinched and turns to see someone standing before the counter. She wasn't there before, Verr thought as she greeted the guest. Her light blue hair was unique, but what really caught her attention was the black horns with a red design. "An Adeptus?"

"Yes, I have been sent with a letter for Ms. Y/n L/n." Her elegant voice rang through the quiet air, leaving Verr speechless for a second.

"Oh! I will call her down. Please wait a moment," Verr replied as she went to your room again.

⟐Y/n's POV⟐

A knock on your door startled you just as you were about to doze off. "Um, Xiao, I need to answer that," you mumbled, ruffling his hair.

"No, you don't," he grumbled, arms tightening around you.

"Y/n, someone is here to see you," Verr's voice called, and you turned to the door, a bit confused.

Who would come to see me?

"I'll be down in a minute," you replied as you attempted to get up but got held back. "Xiao," you wined softly-tugging at his hair. He nuzzled your stomach, your shirt going up from the movement. "No." The sternness in his voice made you sweat-drop. "Oi, I need to go see who it is," you said, trying to get out of bed again.

Xiao opened his eyes as he pouted. He paused, noticing that your stomach was peeking as you struggled. He grinned as he nipped with his fangs, electing a squeal from you as your face flushed.

"Xiao!?" You jerked and tumbled to the floor, your legs still on the bed. Y/n groaned as she sprawled her arms across the floor.

Xiao poked his head over the side of the bed, covered with the blankets. Your face grew hot when you realized he was between your legs and quickly brought them down. He smirked and held your ankle. "Should I leave a mark here too?"

Your face flushed as you gaped up at him. "M-mark?" you hissed, hastily pulling your shirt to see the bite mark on your stomach. "Uh?" What the hell is this!? I thought he only nipped at it!

—⟐—

Y/n stood in the lobby with a red face, Verr and the lady with her staring in concern. "You needed me?"

"Yes, my name is Ganyu." The lady with light blue hair and striking purple eyes with yellow hues introduced herself as she stepped forward, placing a hand on her chest. She wore traditional clothes that were simple and elegant at the same time.

"I come bearing a letter, Y/n L/n," she continued giving you a bright smile

You sweat-dropped as you hesitantly smiled. Ok, no need to introduce myself then. "Who is the letter from?"

"Mr. Zhongli," she beamed. You frowned behind your smile. She's so bright. You blinked, "Wait, Mr. Zhongli? As in amber eyes and brown hair?" She nodded as she handed you an envelope covered in intricate patterns. Wow, it matches his color scheme.

However, before you could grab it, bits of anemo appeared, and the envelope was gone. Ganyu smiled as he elegantly folded her hands. "It isn't nice to take other's things, Xiao," she chided.

"Who is it from, then?" he asked coldly, stepping from behind you.

"Mr. Zhongli?"

"He is renowned among those in Liyue Harbor."

You sneaked behind Xiao and snatched the letter. "I'll be taking this, thank you very much." Xiao frowned, then scoffed, disappearing.

"I shall wait here for your reply," Ganyu said and turned to leave.

"She's going to wait on me?" You raised a brow as you went to your room. Cutting the envelope open, you pulled the content out.

Hello, Y/n L/n. I would like to formally, invite you to the Funeral Parlor. Please come by any time, as I'm sure it will be helpful for your mission.

On that note, the Rite of Descension is fast approaching. You will find the cause of your summoning for this task there since most do not like to speak of the incident. However, their god will be before them, so there's sure to be some mention of it.

Best regards,

-Zhongli

Y/n blinked at the letter, eyes wide as you stared in silence. "How did he know?" you mumbled, setting the note on the table as you leaned back. Can I even trust him? You stared in thought as you tapped your finger against your crossed arm. No, I don't have enough information on him.

You opened the drawer and pulled out a pen and parchment. You thought for a moment and jotted down a simple reply. Satisfied, you placed it in an envelope and left your room.

You scanned the front desk and the balcony. Ganyu was nowhere to be found. You searched the kitchen, the third-floor balcony, everywhere, yet no sign of her.

"Where'd she go?" you huffed. "Who are you looking for?" You turned glumly toward Xiao, "Ganyu."

"She's out in the field," he replied, holding his hand out. You clasped it gently, slightly confused. When you blinked, your surroundings changed. Your eyes immediately lit up, looking around. Wha~ we teleported again!

Xiao couldn't help smiling at your excitement, glad he was the cause of it. He paused when he noticed you staring. He walked behind you and glanced over your shoulder. "What is it?"

"She's eating...the flowers," you mumbled, staring dumbfounded as Ganyu casually ate the qingxin. "Ah yes, she does that." Xiao walked from behind you and made his way to her.

A sudden breeze flowed through the field, gently tugging Xiao's hair and clothes. Even Ganyu's soft curls swayed in the breeze as she smiled, cheeks tinted pink. She held up a flower to Xiao, and he sighed, smiling softly as he took it.

You felt a pang in your heart but brushed it off. That's right...He's an Adeptus that has lived for thousands of years. I may have come to this world after dying but still. You stared solemnly at how nice Ganyu looked next to him. Unnoticed to you, Xiao had glanced over. His smile dropped when he saw your expression.

I'm still a mortal, a human who will eventually grow old and die.

"Oh, Ms. Y/n, you've arrived," Ganyu's voice snapped you from your daze.

"Yeah, and I have my letter for Mr. Zhongli." She stood and dusted her traditional clothes and accepted the envelope. "I shall deliver it to him for you." You merely nod as she smiles at you. "May Rex Lapis watch over you," she said, her voice deepening.

You turned to Xiao as she left. "Let's head back too, then?" He smiled softly, feeling strangely excited to see your enthusiasm when you teleport. He took your hand and teleported.

You didn't react when you found yourself in your room. You pulled away, a shadow falling over Xiao's eyes as he watched.