But I'm in the Nightfall Pack

-Allyson-

    I walked into work with my head down. Casper, my manager, waved his hand at the clock and gave me a pointed look as he grumbled,"Clock in now or I'll have to short your pay a whole hour."

    "Yes, sir." I exaggerated, putting on my apron and walking behind the counter, past the freezer, and to the old fashioned time clock. I sighed as I punched my card. Yawning, I walked back to the front to find a note from Casper.

Had to go back to pack house.

Emergency with Alpha.

You are manager today, Im sending

Fiona and Nate to help.

Open at noon.

-Casper

    Casper Darcello, Beta of the Nightfall Pack, also owned an ice cream shoppe and coffee diner named 'Sunrise Shoppe'. (Which is ironic since we belong to the Nightfall pack.) Casper used his paycheck to pay for whatever we needed at the house while the teenagers worked there to get some spare cash and work expierience. Besides, it kept everyone out of trouble.

    I threw the note away and looked at the clock which read '10:57'. I woke up twenty minutes ago and rushed to get here, since we normally open at 11:00. But since Casper left before preping the store, I would have to do it myself and I only had an hour.

    Quickly, I went to work. Pulling ice cream crates from the back freezer to the serving counter and filling the empty containers with Strawberry Surprise, Banana Brunch, Coffee Toffee Cream, and our many other 'unique' flavors. When I finished, I checked the clock again and saw it was already 11:45.

    'Shit' I thought, running to the broom closet and quickly sweeping the dining area, wiping the tables, and setting chairs into the proper position. I heard the bell ring and Fiona Darcello (Casper's sister), and Nathan Malcom walked into the store hand in hand. I rolled my eyes and told them to go clock in.

   Whenever I saw mates together, I had to hold my breathe. Maybe I was nervous of meeting my own mate, maybe I didnt like the idea of the moon goddess choosing who I was to and not to love. Either way, I knew it was true but couldn't bring myself to be happy for them.

    As soon as the clock hit '12:00' I walked to the door and flipped the sign to say 'We're Open!'.

    "Whats got you so quiet?" Fiona asked, popping her gum and sitting on the counter.

    "Off the counter." I replied, staring at her until she jumped off with a sigh, " and nothing, I just woke up late and I didnt have time to really wake up you know? Im still half asleep. And since the two of you were late I had to prep the store alone."

    Fiona gave me a sorry look before mumbling,"We, uh, got distracted."

    Ignoring her, I lowly said "You're on register today alright? I'll take care of dine-in orders, speacialty drinks, and waitressing if Nate bakes the pastries and cakes."

    "Hell yes!" I heard Nate yell from the kitchen. I rolled my eyes at his excitement. It was the easiest job, but Fiona cant cook for anything and I was already doing work for two people.

    The store was soon pretty busy, due to the lunch rush. I was practically running from table to table, taking orders and sprinting to the kitchen to slap them on the wheel and pick up the food and ice cream that was ready or make drinks.

    By the time the crowd thinned out it was 2:30, and I was exhausted. We still had almost 4 and a half hours until close.

    Suddenly, I started to feel sick. My wolf began to stir and whimper within me and I ran to the freezer to try and cool off.

    When I thought my wolf was under control I walked back out to the counter to find Fiona with her eyes opening and closing repeatidly as if she were about to fall asleep.

    "Take a break." I sighed, signing her out of the register and signing myself in.

    "But you already have so much to do and-"

   But before she could continue to deny I hit a low growl, not at all in the mood to be disrespected.

    "You may be third in command but I can't let you overwork yourself."

    "Fiona take a damned ten minute break and-"

    The sick feeling in my stomach attacked my entire body suddenly. I felt my eyes change from their normal green to a yellow, my wolf's eye color, and a tingling sensation all over as my heart began to race. The door chimed as someone walked into the diner and froze inside the doorframe. The sweet scent that hit my nose smelled of mystery. My wolf whined to get closer and my canines extended.

    I slowly turned and my eyes fell on the person who had entered the shoppe. They were staring at me intently with dark purple almost black eyes. My heart stopped.

    I had a ringing in my ears and then felt Fiona tugging on my sleeve. Soon I could hear Nate saying my name.

    "Allyson? Are you alright?"-Fiona.

    "Get rid of the rogue Ally."-Nate.

    They were both growling and I growled louder at them in return, snapping back to reality. I looked back to the frightened girl and narrowed my eyes.

    'If this means what I think it means then I am so screwed.'

________________________________________

A/N: Okay so I'm excited to start writing this, but bare with me because I have ti write it on my phone.

Unedited at the time.