But I'm Not a Twin?

-Jay-

"What. The hell. Is. Happening?" I could feel myself losing control, my wolf was all over the place as I tried to fight the urge to shift right here. Being the Alpha's daughter comes with the ability to control and keep composure. But suddenly, those abilities had been ripped away from me as these two...people were standing in front of me.

"That is your name right? Rosie's told me stories about the gay best friend..." she said, smugly. Her dyed hair and dark mascara gave her a very punk look, but her voice was so sweet and innocent, and her eyes were so easy to stare into.

"Yeah..." I couldn't come up with any more words as I felt incredibly light-headed.

The other one, the one working on my car closed the hood and looked up at me, "All fixed, Jay, was it? I'm Ash. It's very  nice to meet you."

I felt sick, like I was having a heart attack. With both of their eyes on me my dominating personality began to shrink. I couldn't breathe.

"Hey guys, can I steal Jay for a little bit? Why dont you take her car to the Shoppe and we will meet you there in a few minutes?" I heard Alley say, cutting through their gaze. I still felt like I couldn't move when Alley grabbed the keys from my hand and gave them to Ash. Rose joined them in the car.

When they started driving away, I finally began to process what had happened and let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Alley, who were they?" I whispered as she and I began to walk down the road.

"They're...friends of Rose's. They're, uh, they're twins actually."

I stopped in my tracks. Twins? "But...I thought it was an urban myth that..." My thought trailed off. I wasn't ready to recognize it for what it truly was.

"Yeah. So did I. I've heard of it happening a few times, far away from here though. I once read a study saying twins were more often mated to other twins than to the same person. It's just that sometimes they can get confused because each twin is so similiar."

"But I'm not a twin Alley," I growled and clenched my fist, "this is impossible."
______________
-Rosalina-

I could feel myself slipping back into silence. Lilac being reunited with her best friend, her twin, made me feel pushed to the background. It had only been one afternoon and already I could feel the changes.

There was a shift in Lilac's personality. Being around Ash made her more confident, cocky even. The two of them bounced back and forth about stories of the past and sharing moments the other had missed.

Tuning in on their conversations, I learned more about Lilac in five minutes than I had in the few years of knowing her.

"Remember that time dad was yelling at me for breaking the lamp..."

"...and you didn't even break it I did! I was so scared and you took the punishment for me! Do I still owe you or did I make it up when I jumped out of..."

"oh my gosh the yellow treehouse! I still cant believe you totally saved me from finishing that date when you jumped down and pretended to break your leg!"

"Except I actually did you jerk!" Ash playfully punched Lilac in the side before taking a much more serious tone. "I missed you, Dad misses you too. Hell, half of our pack misses you."

"Has Mom said anything of me since I left?" Lilac's features suddenly turned dark. Her jaw clenched and you could see her muscles tense.

Ash appeared to search for an answer and came up empty handed, "Li, she just...she..."

"Did she care at all Ashlynn? Or did she go on pretending I never existed in the first place?" She was angry now, I could see it in her eyes as they began flashing back and forth from blue to her wolf's bright green.  

Ash sat silently. They grabbed Lilacs hand and they both appeared to calm down quickly.

"I love you and always will be here for you Li"

With that I got out of the car, away from the sibling reunion I never signed up to listen to. From the parking lot of the Sunrise Shoppe I could see Alley and Jay talking. Well, Alley was talking mostly. Jay appeared to be having a panic attack to be honest.

I wonder which one of them is really her mate? I turned and looked back into the car to find the two of them smiling again, most likely talking of more memories. Who knows, maybe the soul inside them was split three ways instead of two, and Jay is stuck with the both of them as Mates. Seems unlikely to me, but the Gods do as they please I guess.

Looking back down the road, I watched Alleyson and Jay walking back towards me. I smiled when Alley's face came into view.

'You are so gorgeous! ' I could hear Alley's voice in my head...wait!

'Alley it worked!'  I sent back to her. I knew she could hear me when she stopped walking in shock!

We had been trying to mind-link since the first date we ever went on! It is said only true-mates can mind-link with practice, patience, and a whole lot of focus on love.

'Oh my goodness! That proves our love, my Rose!'  She began celebrating as she came closer, high-fiving Jay.

'That's it! Tell Jay I have an idea!'

We will figure out her mate soon enough!