But I'm Rogue

-Rosalina-

    I rested my head against the wood of the tree and breathed in the forest. I had this sickly feeling in my stomach since I woke up this morning. I decided all I needed was a run. My brother had limited me to go no farther than the lake. Past that is territory to a wolf pack. I growled under my breath at the thought as I sat high above the ground.

   My brother Timothy and his mate/wife Daria built a safe home for rogue wolves abut five years ago when I was just barely eleven. Now, sixteen, I still think it was a bad idea. We all have a constant target on our backs, since there are three packs in this area who all despise rogues. We do great things, and Im glad we are in existance, but I simply wish I was in a normal pack. Not a pack full of rogues.

   We take in any wolf and nurse them back to health or give them shelter. Yes, some take it for granted, some fights break out, and sometimes we have to turn away rogues who have no control over themselves. But we will always try. We do our best to bring the creatures of our species together, not tear them apart. Like the pack that started the fire.

   I shook the thought away, chasing away the memory of when me and Timothy were in our pack house years ago.

   Tim has had the idea for this place since...well since I can even remember.

   We were always cold and alone, barely surviving. When we were kids alone in the woods before bed he would hold me and tell me all his dreams about helping those in need and creating all kinds of shelters. Rogues had a bad name, but that was because most of us turned into heartless beasts after being abandoned by a pack, forced into solitude, or, as in my case, had their entire pack slaughtered. Most rogues let their wolves take over almost entirely.

   I heard my brother howl, asking me to return to the house. I ran and began to feel light-headed. A whimper from my wolf shook out as I hopped onto the porch of our safe house. My 23 year old brother was sitting in the rocking chair next to Leeanne, a regular at the house. Tim was cradling Leeanne's five month old child. 

   "Go to town and pick up some formula for the boy along with whatever is on the grocery list inside." He demanded quietly but forcefully.

   I nodded and made my way past them and into the kitchen where Daria was preparing a meal, "Rosa?" her small and shrill voice rang in my ears, "add coffee beans to the list please, your brother brewed the last of it and forgot to tell me." She huffed and looked at me expectantly.

   I scrambled to get a pen from inside a kitchen drawer, and added 'coffee beans' to the end of the list.

    But do I say anything? No. That is a rarity for me.

   I ran out to my car, a neon green Volkswagen Beetle, and hoped in.

* * * * *

   As I finished my shopping, I heard my stomach grumble in annoyance. I thought to myself, 'I don't need to eat yet. I already overeat.' But then, I spotted a nice little coffee diner with ice cream.

    'just one scoop of regular vanilla and then I can wait until tomorrow to eat again.'

   I parked my car and began to walk to the door, but my wolf wanted to run at something inside. There was something I wanted, no, needed, and my whole body was reacting with a sensation all around me. I opened the door and then froze in a trance. My eyes faded to their deep dark purple and my canines extended.

   I looked around and felt I was unwelcomed, the stares and growl of employees surrounded me but my focus was on the beauty in front of me. Her long black hair was braided and tossed in front of one shoulder. Her inquisitive yellow eyes held an air of purity and anger all at once. Her soft lips formed a pout and she looked away as if deep in thought.

   "M-Mate?" she whispered and my heart fluttered against my chest.

   I walked a little closer and she looked up at me again, pulling me back into her trance. Her lips moved and formed words my brain was blocking the sound of. But then they registered and my heart broke. "Get out, you rogue." she spat at me and turned to walk further to the back of the store.
_________________________________________
A/N: Unedited