Chapter 32 - Celestial

Hey all,

I hope everyone is doing well! Enjoy this nice little filler while I work on a couple upcoming chapters.

Later lovelies!

"y/n"

You glanced up at Donnie, a soft smile escaping your lips as you heard him say your name.

"Care for a cup of tea?" He said as he placed a warm cup beside you.

"Thank you," You mumbled as you took a sip. It was perfect. A soft blend of chamomile and honey.

It had been a week since the dramatic incident of you trying to scrape a tracker out of your arm. Donnie had thankfully been able to carefully remove and deactivate it while you were unconscious. Your arm was making a decent recovery, although you would always be left with a scar that would remind you of your stubbornness to struggle alone. Never again.

"You always pick the best blends," You sighed happily as you leaned back against the couch. Donnie settled in beside you, a cup in his hand as well. He shifted in hit spot, nervous to not sit too close incase you wanted space.

Michealangelo laid on his stomach in front of the tv, his legs kicking behind him as his eyes stayed glued on the screen. His mini shadow, Emily, mimicked him with her feet swaying in the air as well.

In the distance, you could hear the clanging sounds of Raph and Striker trainer. The two had become good friends over the past weeks, with their love of all things combat being a common ground they could unite on.

The soft hum of the thermal cycle machine in the lab echoed quietly, masked by the loudly animated TV show everyone was focused on. 3 days. You had 3 days until your batch of retromutagen was ready. You need to produce enough to have a semi-successful 'splash party' and turn the majority of NYC back into humans.

Donnie had come up with a rather brilliant plan on how to administer the retromutagen simultaneously to thousands. He always knew would what to do, always an optimistic. And that smile...you knew everything was going to be okay whenever he flashed that smile at you.

You hadn't told anyone what you saw when you were unconscious, of how James presented you with the very possible reality of the turtles being hunted again once humanity was restored. You couldn't face that prospect yet.

You couldn't lose your family.

"I want to show you something later," Donatello whispered in your ear.

Your face flushed as you nodded, his whispered breath tickling your ear ever so slightly.

What was he up to?

__________________________________________________________

"It's just after this next block!" Donatello shouted as he ran across the rooftops.

You panted as you struggled to keep up, climbing over a chimney. You had gotten stronger since meeting the turtles and your stamina had greatly improved. Before the fallout, you could barely climb a flight of stairs without being winded.

You smiled as you kept running after him, the two of you moving like shadows in the night. Mutant hardly visited the abandoned rooftops. They were too busy hunting below in the belly of the city.

"I'm gonna beat you one day," You panted as you tried to catch up to him.

He chuckled and paused a moment, allowing you to reach him for a moment. You skidded to a stop beside him and took in the view of city building. New York was so dark without electricity humming through it. An occasional light flickered in the darkness but the majority was cast in a onyx blanket.