Chapter 4 -Working

Sir," TigerClaw kneeled before Shredder, "...the turtles escaped,"

A steel hand grasped the arm of a chair.

"...with Dr. (Y/N)."

Shredder stood, his eyes blazing.

"Find them!" He growled, "They CANNOT create a retromutagen. Do anything you have to to stop them, even if it means killing her. Maintaining power is more important than creating a new species of mutants at this point."

Tigerclaw bowed his head, "Of course, master."

--------------------------------------------------------

Donnie hummed to himself as he worked on his laptop, checking the security footage around the lair from last night. No signs of pursuit from Shredder appeared, so that was definitely a good thing.

He flipped the screen to show the security camera in your room, making sure everything was alright. He smiled softly as he saw you sleeping, curled up tight.

The next camera appeared, showing the outside of the lair. Nothing appeared unusual.
-

----------------------------------------------

You yawned as you shuffled into the small kitchen, hunting down for some breakfast before you went to work in the lab.

You searched the fridge, hoping to find something edible, but all you saw was empty cartons of orange juice and the occasional leftover takeout box. Your stomach grumbled in complaint, needing something to eat. Groaning, you swung open the freezer door, only to find -

"ICE CREAM MUTANT!" You shrieked, tumbling back.

The figure stared at you in confusion, wondering why you were so scared.

Leonardo came running in, his katanas drawn, "What is it?"

You pointed to the blob in the fridge, only to have Leo roll his eyes and put away his weapon.

"Relax, it's just Mikey's uh...pet."

"His name is Ice Cream Kitty!" Mikey's voice came from behind you.

You looked back up at the freezer, still a bit in shock.

Michaelangelo casually walked over and smiled, "S'up Ice Cream Kitty?"

The ice cream cat mewed in return.

You smiled slightly, a bit shocked from the freak of science, and backed away, "Umm...okay then. I'll be sure to not disturb frozen cream cat."

"...Ice Cream Kitty," Mikey corrected.

You nodded and made your way to the lab, forgetting about breakfast. You walked in and grabbed a pair of spare goggles, ready to start your first day of work.

Donnie was peering at his computer screen, madly typing away.

You smile slightly and glance over his shoulder, "What are you working on?"

Donatello jumped in surprise and looked up to see you smiling down at him, "Oh u-uh good morning Dr. (Y/N)! I was just uh checking the security footage from last night. I wanted to make sure that no one had followed us home."