Chapter 2: Rescued?

BANG!

Your cell door being slammed open quickly brought you out of your sleep. You groaned as you sat up, your eyes trying to adjust to the bright light.

A deep voice greeted you, "Good morning, Dr. (Y/N). "

You scoffed, "Morning? It's only 3 a.m."

"I'm sure that you are eager to return to your work. I have a proposition for you."

You raised an eyebrow at the silhouette, "…I'm listening."

The figure crossed his arms, "I have a few…projects, and my current researcher has proven to be rather, how do I say this… insufficient. You finish these assignments, and I will let you go."

You bit your lip, unsure of what to do. At the moment, there was no other way out of this hell hole. Your only option to get back home was to do as he said.

"….Show me the projects first."

He nodded, roughly pulling you to your feet. You winced and look up at him, seeing a steel mask covering his face. Your (e/c) eyes widened, but you were soon dragged out of the dark room and down a long hallway. After a few minutes of walking the man shoved you into a lab.

"This is where you'll work."

You looked around, seeing mud and rust covering the tables and instruments. A few broken containers covered the ground, creating a oozing slim on the floor. The grimy walls had ick all over them, giving off a rotting smell. You gagged with disgust; there was no possible way that you could work in this environment.

"…You can't be serious. This is hardly a lab! It would serve better as a trash disposal room! I can't possibly work here."

The man growled, "You CAN and you WILL! If you ever want to see daylight again, I suggest that you start working, Dr. (Y/N)."

The way he said your name made you shudder with distaste.

"And who exactly am I working for?" You questioned.

"You work for Shredder."

With that, the man slammed the door shut, leaving you alone in the room.

"WAIT!" You cried, banging on the door, trying to break free. Your only answer was silence.

You crumpled to the ground, overwhelmed by all that has happened. Emotions that you had kept bottled up were soon spilling over into tears, streaming down your cheeks. You took off your glasses in defeat, knowing that your situation was hopeless. You were going to die in this pit, alone and forgotten.

No, you thought, I musn't think like this…I-I can do this, it just needs a little cleaning.

You lift your head to scan the room, wondering where to start first.

"It can work, with a little elbow grease," You mumbled to yourself as you ripped off a sleeve of your once-white lab coat.

I can work with this…

------------------------

"Do you see anything Donnie?" Leo asked.